Supra Forums banner

1 - 20 of 32 Posts

·
Hayai Kuruma!
1,357 Posts
aye aye yay!!! You don't listen to ur homegirl!!!
man!!!! Like i replied to the other thread...
the club has been broken into many times, so easy to break that thing.
like i said, use the autolock, with an alarm too...u attach it to ur clutch pedal.
here's a pic:

just my opinion...
but then again, there are desperate thieves out there, so no matter what you put on there, if they are determined to take ur car, they will.
if u that paranoid, go get lo-jack.... lmao

·
Damn Spaniards
2,328 Posts
LOL, you know can cut through the steering wheel in about 15 sec with a hack saw right? The only mechanical device I have seen that could possibly work is the one that locks the brake or clutch pedal.

·
Hayai Kuruma!
1,357 Posts
GTR-33 said:
LOL, you know can cut through the steering wheel in about 15 sec with a hack saw right? The only mechanical device I have seen that could possibly work is the one that locks the brake or clutch pedal.
that's what I'm talkin about!!!! Thanks for the support!!!

Jer, go return that damn thing will you!!!!

·
Registered
1,304 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Alright, u guys convinced me.

On top of the pager alarm that I currently have, Im going to invest in a multitude of defenses as well that will make this car almost impossible to start. I have couple buddies that are wizards with 12 volt electronics.

I wish I live in rural Texas or in rural Florida where im allowed to chill in the backyard with neighbors and shoot empty beer cans with AR-15 carbines. Thats the ultimate theft deterrent :rolleyes:

·
Registered
1,583 Posts
the autolock didnt stop someone from stealing my friends turbo civic. they just cut the metal around the clutch area. Also my friend broke my autolock with a simple flat head

·
Registered
3,688 Posts
If they really want your car, they will take it with a roll back or a quick pick up tow truck. It'll be gone faster than you know. Best protection is keep it indoors in a locked garage if you have one. If its outside, keep it blocked in if possible. Then again i've heard of cases where they stole the car blocking in and the car.

·
Registered
13,581 Posts
when I lived in "the neighborhood" in Philly and belonged to "the club" nobody ever messed with your car. It always worked.

·
Registered
601 Posts
Yeagy said:
If you are that worried just take a wheel off everwhere you go ;)
:werd: I have a buddy with an aftermarket steering wheel with a quick release. A thief wont take the car far without a way to steer it.

·
Ex-hardtopper
1,920 Posts
wusaint36 said:
:werd: I have a buddy with an aftermarket steering wheel with a quick release. A thief wont take the car far without a way to steer it.
Unless they have a flatbed.... Where there's a will, there's a way.

·
You serious?
2,999 Posts
Suprachik8 said:
aye aye yay!!! You don't listen to ur homegirl!!!
man!!!! Like i replied to the other thread...
the club has been broken into many times, so easy to break that thing.
like i said, use the autolock, with an alarm too...u attach it to ur clutch pedal.
here's a pic:

just my opinion...
but then again, there are desperate thieves out there, so no matter what you put on there, if they are determined to take ur car, they will.
if u that paranoid, go get lo-jack.... lmao
:scratch: Was that English?

It is nearly impossible to break the club. It is easy, however, to cut through the steering wheel and remove the club. The autolock works VERY well and is probably the best theft deterent out there right now.

O

·
0 Posts
GTR-33 said:

DONT WORK. They cut my clutch pedal right off, but I had a kill switch as wel so they couldnt take the car.

·
Registered
1,304 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
Orzel said:
DONT WORK. They cut my clutch pedal right off, but I had a kill switch as wel so they couldnt take the car.
Kill switches are the best. Thats why Im going to have atleast two of them linked to different things.

·
On 2 wheels
750 Posts
I'm sure that the club will at least stall the thief for a little bit until he can cut the wheel or whatever. If you have multiple security products running, they will probably just give up in the end and say its not worth it.

But sadly, if a thief wants your car bad enough, he will get it no matter what you have :madjerk:

·
Registered
1,304 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
Jaxx said:
I'm sure that the club will at least stall the thief for a little bit until he can cut the wheel or whatever. If you have multiple security products running, they will probably just give up in the end and say its not worth it.

But sadly, if a thief wants your car bad enough, he will get it no matter what you have :madjerk:
Tow truck is the easiest way for them. Having buncha kill switches is like having a harness with a couple wires spliced and taped back up. It'll take a while to diagnose on why its not starting.

1 - 20 of 32 Posts