Supra Forums banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
11,221 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I'm considering buying some Volks that came off an RX7. They are the TE37's; 18x8.5 18x9.5 +40. They are the same specs as the Volks for the Supra's that MVP sells. However I was told I need some hub centrics because the rotors/hubs on the RX7 is bigger or something, and I need the hub centrics to put inside the Volks and then it'll fit onto my Supra.

Any comments?

·
Registered
581 Posts
I have 94 RX7 wheels that I just bought, and they currently dont fit as they are rubbing the caliper...

I am going to grind down the caliper and they should fit just fine...but tight...

·
11,221 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I'm not talking about caliper clearance. I'm just wondering if the wheels will fit? I hear you have to use hub centrics.

·
1st Lieutenant Team BEYAW
1,915 Posts
The wheels will fit our lug pattern, but you need to switch to the N/A rear brakes, like the guys said above, they will rub on the stock TT rear brakes

·
Registered
9,707 Posts
ToyoBeastly said:
The wheels will fit our lug pattern, but you need to switch to the N/A rear brakes, like the guys said above, they will rub on the stock TT rear brakes
Some do rub, some dont. Mine dont:D There is NO reason to switch to N/A brakes though, just grind a little off the caliper for clearance.

Jason

·
11,221 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
ToyoBeastly said:

I think you are misunderstanding the question, kinda. I'm not considering putting on stock RX7 wheels. I'm considering putting on some Volk TE37's that came from an RX7. They have the same specs as the Supra's that are on sale on mvp.

·
Registered
223 Posts
Im pretty sure you have to my friend bought some like that and had to run those since the car they came off of had a low disk and the supra used a medium or high disk. Im not sure what that means i just remember him telling me that

·
Registered
9,707 Posts
Oh, I get it. They should fit fine. Back in 97 or 98 one of my friends had an FD and bought a set of 18" rims from a guy with a TT, and they fit perfectly......so it should go both ways.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts