Supra Forums banner

1 - 20 of 32 Posts

·
Exiled Supra Owner
3,703 Posts
In theory, California is cleverly slipping this legislation in under the theme of “clean air.” In this respect, not many people will care if it will pass. If it does pass, more money to California’s general fund to be spent on their failed pyramid scheme welfare programs. With California in dire need of money, I could see this bill passing easily.

16 second cars that are no longer 16 seconds will now be 16 seconds. :kekegay:

Stock ftw.

·
Registered
922 Posts
Just google and find your representative. Last time this bill came up I wrote an email )through their online form and got a written letter back about how they opposed the bill.

You don't need to say anything about smog or anything like that. Just say, I oppose any new taxes and yearly smog is just a new tax when I already have registration and other expenses.

·
psh psh psh.........
977 Posts
gay gay gay gay...and tax is going up also to 9.75? % weak gay..man ca sucks balls

·
SC Under Pressure
290 Posts
Just keep voting the same liberal representative back into office and you'll get more of the same. I haven't voted for any incumbent for many years. I want my fucking country back.

·
Registered
426 Posts
dont want to do smog. get an old school datsun z or 510 and put some crazy motor in it. as long as you live in CA you will have the strict smog laws. funny how all the electrical cars claim to prevent smog but if you think about it, they have to burn more coal which causes even more pollution to produce electricity.

·
SC Under Pressure
290 Posts
...if you think about it, they have to burn more coal which causes even more pollution to produce electricity.
Yea, and if everyone had a plug-in we'd crash the grid immediately even if we had available power. We have an anti-energy policy firmly in place in this country and its getting worse.

On March 21, 2009, California Senator Dianne Feinstein (Democrat) had the audacity to state this: "The development of solar and wind facilities in California's Mojave Desert would violate the spirit of what conservationists had intended when they donated much of the land to the public."

Say what?? We are the freaking public. Put the solar panels in the desert you fucking moran.

The article continues: "... concern over ...aesthetics of the region and its tortoise population is setting up a potential clash between conservationists and companies seeking to develop renewable energy"

No, the clash is between conservationists and everyone else, not just companies who want to develop solar energy.

Read it and weep: http://www.foxnews.com/politics/2009/03/21/feinstein-dont-spoil-desert-solar-panels/

Who the hell votes for these people???

·
Blood for Blood
8,323 Posts
well you kinda vote for them if you dont vote against them....

if you dont vote you cant bitch... you need to make a stand.

I hope you guys are calling and emailing these people so we dont have to smog everything under the sun...

Please contact members of the California Assembly Transportation Committee immediately by phone, fax or e-mail to request their opposition to A.B. 859.

Please e-mail a copy of your letter to [email protected]. Thank you for your assistance.

Assembly Transportation Committee

Click here to e-mail all Committee members.

Assemblymember Mike Eng – Chair
Phone: 916/319-2049
Email: [email protected]

Assemblymember Kevin Jeffries
Phone: 916/319-2066

Assemblymember Bob Blumenfield
Phone: 916/319-2040

Assemblymember Joan Buchanan
Phone: 916/319-2015

Assemblymember Connie Conway
Phone: 916/319-2034

Assemblymember Warren Furutani
Phone: 916/319-2055

Assemblymember Cathleen Galgiani
Phone: 916/319-2017

Assemblymember Martin Garrick
Phone: 916/319-2074

Assemblymember Bonnie Lowenthal
Phone: 916/319-2054

Assemblymember Jeff Miller
Phone: 916/319-2071

Assemblymember Roger Niello
Phone: 916/319-2005

Assemblymember John Perez
Phone: 916/319-2046

Assemblymember Jose Solorio
Phone: 916/319-2069

Assemblymember Tom Torlakson
Phone: 916/319-2011

·
Registered
131 Posts
damn....how worse can ca get?

·
Registered
16 Posts
Electric cars are coming in at a real fast paste. I'm sure they're going to place harsher California emmision rules. Watch. It only gets worse from now. HOWEVER.., every time I leave my keys to this buddy of mine who owns a test-only station in L.A., he takes care of everything for $120, Lol...

·
Registered
131 Posts
they can't come out that fast because U.S needs the purchase/exhange of fossil fuel no matter what people say to help maintain of whats left in our economy.

1 - 20 of 32 Posts