Supra Forums banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
103 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi guys! I've been trying to find rims to fit my Supra. I'm kind of picky on the rims I want. Pretty specific, Black deep dish rims, staggered of course with a chrome lip. Preferable 6 spoked, no less... and the problem I keep running into is that the spokes keep rubbing on the caliper.

So... if I was to upgrade to the TT brakes, would the fitment be better? On a previous brake thread, someone said the rotor on the N/A is thicker than the one on the TT, so I thought maybe the caliper might be thinner... just a curious thought.. not sure though... So would upgrading my brakes resolve my caliper rubbing problem? I mean the rub is very minimal.. like just bearly, but never the less it is a rub...

Another alternative was brought up to replace my stock wheel studs, with ARP wheel studs and add a spacer... How about that one? I've had to replace studs before on my 2000 Honda Accord and it was a pain in the ass, cause I had to get the whole assembly out and press the hub out to get the studs out. Do I have to go through the same procedure for the Supra?

I want the rims on my car.. Please help!! Thanks!

·
Registered
103 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Boy your an asshole...

·
Slightbreach of Etiquette
428 Posts
I would guess Spacers, but it's not my specialty =/

·
Registered
85 Posts
take it to les schwab. they got some really nice Black with chrome wheels made by stern, they wanted me to get them but I didnt. would fit just fine.

·
Luvs ( . ) ( . )s
2,100 Posts
Search for Steve's wheel and tire fitment guide and read it like the bible. Well I'm not trying to be mean you can also find it on mkiv.com about wheels and offsets.

·
1st Lieutenant Team BEYAW
1,913 Posts
dont go to schwabb, they charge WAY too much! Americas Tire should be a cheaper route. and if your rubbing, it may be the offset, if not, get thin spacers

·
Registered
1,104 Posts
yeah, but schwab warranty is hard to beat...just from my experience..and around here.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts