Supra Forums banner
1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
1,154 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Just wondering if you think this will effect anything or cause problems.

·
Registered
3,123 Posts
Yes those are the coolant jackets. You should have them cleared before assembling the head to the block. They always get blocked like that on the exhaust side of the engine only.

·
can't spell shazam w/o it
315 Posts
blackout_89t said:
Yes those are the coolant jackets. You should have them cleared before assembling the head to the block. They always get blocked like that on the exhaust side of the engine only.
Why is that... ?

I cleaned mine out (just one or two) with a vaccuum hose next to it and me picking away at that gunk. Make sure it doesn't go in!

·
Registered
1,154 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
these have actually been welded.

·
Registered
3,123 Posts
I thought it was build up? Either way I had mine cleared by my machinist.

·
Premium Member
2,275 Posts
Oh wow defiantly open those ports more! That will cause a coolant problem.

·
I Didn't Do It!
1,030 Posts
liek everyone else said, i would get them cleared out, if they build up much more you wont be getting much coolant?

G

·
Yea I just went to look at mine just to see what it should look like. Mine look nothing like that, no build up at all. That almost looks like a bad casting. :dunno:

I would def. Grind that out. Match it to the gasket with a sharpie and clean out on the inside of the sharpie line.

·
Registered
408 Posts
no way chase. there fine. that is very common with remaned heads. the ports were probably just corroded out so they welded them up. did you get that head from cylinderheads international? they do that to almost every cylinder head. it wont affect jack! as long as they are open they will cool. i ran two heads like that and never had any probs. good luck bro!

·
Stock Boost SUX
1,660 Posts
Mine had to be welded a lil bit, but not that much. Hope it works out.

1 - 16 of 16 Posts