Supra Forums banner
1 - 20 of 39 Posts

·
Registered
176 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I was planning on buying the Shelby as a gift to myself but man, that car sucks due to its weight and poor performance numbers.

I was at the dealer yesterday and I must say, the charger: 4 doors, excellent power, evil looking front, and comfy interior.

Performance wise, does the RT Charger do well? I know the Hemi pushes like 350-360 Hp(I think) and the SRT-8 does over 400(420 HP I believe).

The SRT-8 is hard to find but is it worth the extra change? Being married with kid, the Charger is an excellent alternative for me. I am looking into buying a Daytona Yellow RT. Pretty excited. Opinions?

·
Wobbiest: Three Laws Safe
6,137 Posts
well if you were goign to pay for a GT500 then you have the money for a SRT-8, so why wouldnt you get bigger hp motor in the car that will hold its value better then the RT?

and to correct your numbers
RT - 340
RT Perf Group/ Daytona RT = 350
SRT8 - 425

·
Premium Member
12,615 Posts
Go with the SRT-8. I am. :)

The R/T can be modded for more performance, but for the added cost, you may as well get the big dog instead. 6.1L = Goodness.

·
Premium Member
4,109 Posts
See my review I just posted:)

·
Registered
2,299 Posts
i would do the SRT-8 if was me. Also who is going to want a yellow car next year. Always stick with you basic colors when buying a new car.

If it was me i would do a silver SRT-8 with black leather. then lower it about 2 inches. dont slam it just make it look right.

·
Registered
1,303 Posts
If you can afford the SRT-8, it's a no-brainer. More rare and more desireable. It also has a nicer interior and nicer wheels. It is an SRT edition car with more power and classier style. The Daytona R/T just has loud colors, loud stripes and will get smoked by the SRT-8. I can't believe you are even debating this... :1poke:

·
Premium Member
12,615 Posts
KERR said:
If it was me i would do a silver SRT-8 with black leather. then lower it about 2 inches. dont slam it just make it look right.
Exactly what I am picking up. :D 2 inches is too much, though. The one I posted in the "Porsche beats Toyota in quality" thread was dropped like 1.25" using the KW coilovers.

·
Registered
176 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
The reason I'm debating this is because if I got with the SRT-8, I'm in a price range of a Vette or a Vipe.

But, yea, I will definitely go with the SRT.

TY.

·
Registered
459 Posts
Definitely go with the SRT-8, but I'd be looking at the 300C instead of the Charger. Weight and performance is about the same but I think the 300C has a lot more class.

·
Registered
171 Posts
R/T vs. SRT8 is a no brainer... SRT8 all the way!

Keep in mind, I am a little biased being as how I own two SRT8 equipped vehicles. ;)

·
Registered
2,299 Posts
Well a used vette or viper. also how is the wife going to take the kids in that? I thought you said you needed something for them?

·
Registered
176 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
KERR said:
Well a used vette or viper. also how is the wife going to take the kids in that? I thought you said you needed something for them?
I know, I know, just dreaming.

By the way, I went to the dealer yesterday and they had three SRTs in each of the three colors it comes with(Red, silver, black).

They were marked up $9000; and the genral mgr would only take off a few grand from that.

After two hours, they said okay, we'll only mark it up $3k. I said fuck it. I'm planning on buying one on Ebay for 43k. Shipping will be $1500. I'm hesitant because everyone here says to stay away from Ebay cuz you'll get screwed. In addition, they also say never to buy a car sight unseen.

·
Formerly NA-TT
1,267 Posts
I have no opinion... still too mad about the charger vs the concept:

Instead we got this: boooooo! A fastback, 4-door, Bentley-Chrystler 300 Charger

·
Registered
2,615 Posts
I'd take the GT500 over any of those SRT's personally.

Hey NERVOUS how do you guys like those SRT's? I was looking at the Cherokee the other day and thought it was pretty sweet. How do they drive? - Rough? Thanks.

·
Registered
2,444 Posts
FYI, these Charger SRT-8s are REALLY tough to come by from a dealer inventory standpoint.

If gas prices go up a lot, and these cars are cut from production...then the Charger SRT-8s should hold their values mighty well and make current SRT-8 sedan owners happy. I can see Regal Grand National like depreciation curves with these rides.

·
NFA Pimp
2,734 Posts
SRT-8 no doubt. The SRT line, is quite a potent lineup. Will it be as good as the HEMI marketing ploy of the 60s? Looks to be so.

1 - 20 of 39 Posts