Supra Forums banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Supraman Vs. Mista-T
843 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I purchased one a few weeks ago for an 89 to 92, and I'm stuck on the fog lights I tried to contact the person who makes them at SR Fab but no response. I want to know if I'm missing something or if I have the wrong brackets. He said he sold 20 of them hopefully someone here has one. I'd like to know how these brackets work for the fog lights on the 89 to 92.

Attachments

·
Canada, Eh?
2,549 Posts
Do you mean bumper insert? /s

Maybe he sent you an 88 version? You can try messaging him in Facebook, I think he's pretty active in the various groups.

·
Supraman Vs. Mista-T
843 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Do you mean bumper insert? /s

Maybe he sent you an 88 version? You can try messaging him in Facebook, I think he's pretty active in the various groups.
yeah I knew I should of not bought one being from California from that guys post. That post encouraged me to buy one lol. He asked me if I was from LA I said no I live in San Diego.

·
Supraman Vs. Mista-T
843 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 · (Edited)
Yes, that's him
Not to busy on FB though, he responded and said he was busy. Told me the brackets are wrong but can be altered. It hangs from that flimsy piece of plastic for the company that made the tabs like the ones on the pre model on his website went out of business. I think I'm gonna get that metal that connects wood pieces and glue it to the top of the plastic for support.

·
Moderator, l337 M0d3r4t0r
13,219 Posts
Sorry, I don't understand what you are saying here. What hangs from the plastic, and what company? I have the bumper, but I just sent mine for powder coating.
I guess a little more RD on the bumper bar could have helped, he told me there was a problem with the original bumpers thinking they where the same but he made some brackets to fix the 89+ bars.

·
Supraman Vs. Mista-T
843 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Sorry, I don't understand what you are saying here. What hangs from the plastic, and what company? I have the bumper, but I just sent mine for powder coating.
I guess a little more RD on the bumper bar could have helped, he told me there was a problem with the original bumpers thinking they where the same but he made some brackets to fix the 89+ bars.
If you look at the picture you will see a horseshoe bracket that sits over the bumper skin flap. This bracket is the only alternative you have now available from him. If he's making you a Post 89 to 92 then I too am waiting for that bracket for he sent me the wrong horseshoe bracket. He told me the company that made the tabs that would of been easier for him to weld on and having our fog lights fastened more secure are no longer in business. I don't know the name of the company but I take it he's out of the tabs to continue. The flimsy plastic and your under pan, if you have one is the only thing to save your fog lights should the flimsy plastic fails. If you look for the bumper on his website you will see the tabs he use to have for at least the 86.5-88 Supra bumper. You would have to find someone to weld connecting pieces to your fog lights to bumper if you want peace of mind. If you can't weld, It may be kinda expensive depending if you have the metal or aluminum for it could take a lot of time taking the skin off and on to do welds to set up your fog lights correctly without burning your bumper skin. Hope that helps.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts