Supra Forums banner

1 - 20 of 31 Posts

·
on vacation
3,062 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Even with the steering wheel, above the instrument cluster. There's a lil crack about 2" long traveling the width of the car...I've seen many MKIII's and I've seen it there on several of them...anyone else?

·
Tampa Bay Supras
707 Posts
is there anything to repair a crack like that ? I had a big crack and replaced my dash last week, now that I look at the new one, it's like starting to crack.... just a lil bit. Just wondering if there's anything out there that would repair it or at least slow it down ???

·
Republican
8,421 Posts
Nope! but i do have thier wierd cut on the top of it, it just spreads out in all directions. its like 1 inch in diameter...

·
VIVA LA M.A.S.H. Midwest
1,451 Posts
To slow any crack down (dunno about glass), you need to find where the crack ends, and drill a hole (very small like .095" small) at each end of the crack. Then glue. Should stop it for a while if not forever.

·
Republican
8,421 Posts
can you explain how this helps? I dont understand... and any glue will work?

·
V A S U P R A S
2,341 Posts
tip 1: dont waste your money on the repair crap that looks like 5 year old paint set.
tip 2: i use armorall and have had no cracks in my dash yet... knock on wood

·
helps you jump higher
945 Posts
You live in Texas that's the cause of it, our cars are 15+ years old and constant sun will kill our dashs (AZ is like that too)

·
Registered
219 Posts
use lexol all on ur dash dat stuff is the best...walk into a lexus service dept...they dont carry armorall...only lexol, they kno the good stuff.;) ;)

S

·
0 Posts
I have no idea what you guys are talking about, so I assume it's a product of the warm climate you live in.

How about using those window shades when you park?

But then again, we have major rust problems in the snow belts, so I think we're still getting the short end of the stick up here. :)

·
on vacation
3,062 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
meh...I have some rust, too...but it's hardly the big issue...lol. In my area it's just something that happens. My thing is it always seems to be in the same place...

·
Premium Member
6,130 Posts
No cracks on my dash, actually no cracks on either of the Supra's I have owned, but on my current Supra I have a dashmat because I started parking in the sun at school, so I now have a cover over it, aight peace

·
on vacation
3,062 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
lenny said:
take a picture
I'll take a picture and give it to you...also, might you be in need of a new hardly used left nut? I would happily trade mine for your car.

·
Just say no to Supras
2,292 Posts
SoupedUpSupra said:
whats something you can add that will put natural oils and crap INTO your dash?
303 Aerospace Protectant. That stuff OWNS:bigthumb:

Kinda expensive though.

·
RIP 86.5 N/A, Hello 90T
2,293 Posts
I bought a box of fibergalss resin last night, I'm going to learn how to use it during the next week or so then I'm going to take out my dash and try to Fibergalss it, See how it turns out. and if nothing else well buy a neww one but seems like a decent project.

Also has anyone had a problem with the armrest on the driver's side door collapsing? It might just be me when I bought this car the previous owner had (whatever he may have done) collapsed the armrest so there is no support if you put your arm on the rest it caves in!

·
2,279 Posts
I will gladly take my warm/dry climate dash crack to yall northern carpet bagger's rust problem.

SupraMkiii24, I've also thought of fiberglassing the dash. Then I could update the looks of it abit, maybe add acouple gauge pods.

1 - 20 of 31 Posts