Supra Forums banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
503 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I know you should stay out of the boost until your engine is warmed up, but I live on a kinda busy street and sometimes I have to give it a little gas to pull out in the morning. But when I do sometimes it feels like I hit fuel cut shifting from 1st to 2nd and again from 2nd to 3rd. Im only boosting 9 or 10 psi and it doesn't do this If I let it warm up a little before I get into the boost. Does anyone else get this?

·
Registered
1,253 Posts
Depending on your mods, sure, its possible. The intake charge is significantly cooler when the engine bay is still cold.

Even though I don't condone letting the car warm up idling. In your case I would at least let it get some temp prior to driving. What motor oil are you running?

·
Registered
503 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Depending on your mods, sure, its possible. The intake charge is significantly cooler when the engine bay is still cold.

Even though I don't condone letting the car warm up idling. In your case I would at least let it get some temp prior to driving. What motor oil are you running?
20/50 yeah little heavy specially if Im not always letting the car warm up, but it usually doesn't drop below 45-50 in the winter here and reaches 110 in the summer.

·
Registered
3,877 Posts
it's just a bog from the timing and fuel...

mine's always done that when it's cold...

·
Registered
182 Posts
Yes. If it's that bothersome just turn down the boost a little. I jut let her warm up a bit before I get on it.

·
Hardtop FTW
1,784 Posts
it's just a bog from the timing and fuel...

mine's always done that when it's cold...
My N/A bogs when cold, but once it warms up, it runs fine. It's a 'feature' of the cold start sequence of our engines.

Collin

·
Registered
3,877 Posts
yep, won't matter what boost you run, it's just a hickup that feels a lot like boost cut...

·
Registered
3 Posts
Yeah mine bogs down occasionally when it's cold too. Feels like fuel cut, but couldn't be because it happens under hardly any boost.

Is that something we just have to live with, or is there any way to minimize it?

·
Registered
3,877 Posts
let it warm up before you drive it like you should ;)

·
TheFastCoonAss
6,083 Posts
Mine does that, and yes it is fuel cut. It happens when just barely rolling into boost, but as soon as it warms it all goes away. I have the Lexus/550's and my air filter is mounted outside the engine bay in the front grill. It only does it on cold days, so perhaps it has to do with how dense the air is.

·
Hardtop FTW
1,784 Posts
When my N/A bogs it sure feels like fuel cut, and it only happens when I punch the throttle really quick when the engine is still cold. I'm sure this is all the same thing happening. Just let it warm up. :)

Collin

1 - 12 of 12 Posts