·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I want to see one showing the RPM's and hp/torque curve

H

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #2

The above us from Suprastore.com, it is Guilly Polo's (T66Dawg) car. 6 speed with hks twins I beleive this set the record for stock block dyno. Very impressive numbers!

·
Registered
11,270 Posts
Does that say 873?? Can't be right unless he has about 200 hp of NOS. Most people make around 700 rwhp at 28 psi with the HKS twins.

Someone is not telling us something here..... I have installed many of these and they do not make that much hp on a stock motor........ and the lag is absolutely the worst out of any turbo I have ever installed.

Lar
SP

S

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
lar, so they are a bunch of hype and not what everyone makes them out to be?

H

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Sound Performance said:
[Does that say 873?? Can't be right unless he has about 200 hp of NOS. Most people make around 700 rwhp at 28 psi with the HKS twins.
Someone is not telling us something here..... I have installed many of these and they do not make that much hp on a stock motor........ and the lag is absolutely the worst out of any turbo I have ever installed.
Lar
Maybe Guilly can come in here and answer your questions. At first I wondered about those numbers too but once I saw the dyno sheet I was a beleiver. Looks legit to me.

S

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
what size turbos would those be comparable to?

·
Premium Member
6,923 Posts
Lar, i do believe that is in fact a dyno sheet with stock motor, cams, with a 100 shot. He made 770 rwhp on boost alone. Then again, i don't know if they are using that famous 10% correction factor...
Anyhow, Darren Strunk put down 760 rwhp on boost alone with his HKS twins (larger a/r) and Clint Pohler put down 690 rwhp on boost alone with his HKS twins (smaller a/r).

·
Registered
11,270 Posts
KING said:
Larry. Since you never built a car that went more the 138mph without nitrous, you would be the NOS expert ;). Guilly has a very well tuned GT2835 set-up and this was with a small shot of nitrous.

Well that is not true, I have built plenty of cars that have trapped higher than 138 without NOS, but they are not Supras. How many auto supras in the world with stock Toyota trannys trap higher than us?? As far as a small shot of NOS, yeah, I am sure..... probably as small as your egos.

KING said:

This is the highest dyno-ing GT2835 car in the WORLD, as well as the highest stock block dyno-ing car in the WORLD. And since we are on that subject, my car at 794rwhp is the highest dyno-ing stock block Supra with factory cams in the WORLD ;). Not that we put much meaning in dyno numbers, it is just a reference point for decent tuning.

A big Whoopee and a big BOZO button for you!!!
You guys do not put much meaning in dyno #s?? Haha thats one of the funniest things I have ever heard!! Do you write your own material?? Do I not remember some thread like this: " Extra Extra, read all about our dyno #S....... AZ is the best...... we are # 1,2 and 3!!!" Also I think you hold the record for most RWHP and worst 1/4 mile time. With 794 rwhp you should be running 140s. Unless there is the AZ correction factor going on. I know, I know...... Uphill track at 40,000 feet with slipping clutch running 6 psi of boost only.

KING said:
Lag ? Please Larry. This car has more power at 4800 rpm than most ANY BPU Supra and at 5800 rpm's it puts down over 600rwhp and 600rwtq, which is more power sooner in the power band than most any SP turbo kit I have seen posted ;)

Be serious!! I have put 7 HKS twin sets on. They make between 650-750 RWHP on a 6 spd depending on cams, boost level, and A/R ratios. I was questioning how you made 125 more than anyone else. A "small" shot of NOS explains it. Guilly's time on Drag radials is outstanding and I told him that. But I still HATE HKS twins, they are the laggiest, least fun useless turbos I have ever driven. As far as your twins making power quicker than my turbos?? HAHAHA, Look at a sp63 dyno graph with cams, 500 rwhp at 4500, 600 rwhp at 4800........... THAT IS 1000 RPM faster than your twins, isn't it??

I tell you what, I will take a SP57 car, 6 spd, and you take your car, both NO NOS. Lets go from a dead punch at say 5 mph , no clutch slipping, no nos. I bet you dont catch me in the 1/4!!!

Also I was meaning to ask you something. At SP I have a ton of 9 sec time slips cluttering up my office, maybe you could sell them on suprastore seeing you do not have any of your own??

:) :) :D :D

All in fun......

Lar
SP

·
Registered
70 Posts
dyno sheet from HKS TWINS

SORRY TO BUD IN MY NAME IS JOSE I AM FROM NJ SOME OF YOU KNOW ME AS ARA'S FRIEND. I HAVE A 94 HKS TWIN DAWG THAT PUT OUT 820 RWHP AT 32 PSI I WILL POST THE DYNO SHEET .AND ABOUT LAG THE ONLY WAY TO MAKE BIG POWER IS TO USE BIG TWINS OR A BIG SINGLE..

·
Registered
70 Posts
dyno sheet from HKS TWINS

SORRY TO BUD IN MY NAME IS JOSE I AM FROM NJ SOME OF YOU KNOW ME AS ARA'S FRIEND. I HAVE A 94 HKS TWIN DAWG THAT PUT OUT 820 RWHP AT 32 PSI NO NOS I WILL POST THE DYNO SHEET .AND ABOUT LAG THE ONLY WAY TO MAKE BIG POWER IS TO USE BIG TWINS OR A BIG SINGLE..

·
keep livin man, L I V I N
793 Posts
Think you might have a crumb thats jamming your capslock! :arcade:

·
Registered
1,038 Posts
heh... If big power means im gonna run 11's still then I dont want big power, Id rather be running 10's with 650hp than 11's with 800hp.

But thats just me, I know some people like to have a big number to show off to their friends so they can impress everyone. :D

·
Registered
70 Posts
the hp numbers are not impress anyone we wanted to see what could be done with that setup. as far as runing 11s with 800hp what makes you think those runs were made
at that power level.

·
Registered
1,038 Posts
just the fact that you have it listed on the same line side by side... but im sure you could get waaaaaaaay better out of that setup... I sure as fuck would hope anyway, otherwise what a waste of money. :D

Anyhow... im sure the top end power is fucking fun.. but I hate lag... it all depends on the individuals taste really.. some people will love them some people will despise them... glad you like them.

·
Registered
284 Posts
I love the idea when someone says HKS twins everyone thinks it's the 2835r's. Some people aren't all go and a little show with minor go... I'd go for something like the 2535's or whatever when I was calling around I was trying to get all the different models.. if anyone has please post I'd love to get back into the hunt. My goal is the ideal twin setup with minimal lag, decent numbers, and two big polished turbos in my engina bay.

·
Registered
70 Posts
HKS made a one off set of what i think were 2530s for the HKS silver supra the came out in MOTOR TREND a while ago. this kit was lag free i hear edwin a guy who use to work for HKS bought that supra and last time i heard was selling the kit. i think he now works for APEX...

·
Registered
284 Posts
Thanks! yea I've been looking for information much like that... problem is no one really experiments or wants to pay for 2835r's to get snaller turbos. I have been looking for info on the 2530's and 2535's I wonder what the differecens are.. no one seems to really know most of the smaller turbos are hardly used or atleast that's what someone at paisley and steven millen have so far told me... :(

2835rls said:
HKS made a one off set of what i think were 2530s for the HKS silver supra the came out in MOTOR TREND a while ago. this kit was lag free i hear edwin a guy who use to work for HKS bought that supra and last time i heard was selling the kit. i think he now works for APEX...

·
Registered
93 Posts
hmmm very NICE thread. I am also more concerned w/a MEATY area "under the curve" then a dyno that goes: flat, flat, flat, flat, flat, flat, flat, flat, HUGE SPIKE of HP & torque, REDLINE, the END.

pooshda said:
heh... If big power means im gonna run 11's still then I dont want big power, Id rather be running 10's with 650hp than 11's with 800hp.

But thats just me, I know some people like to have a big number to show off to their friends so they can impress everyone. :D

1 - 20 of 33 Posts