Supra Forums banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
156 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I just got an EMS and have to mount the MAP and temp sensors (I got the AEM 3.5 bar map and GM temp). I have searched and know that you should put the temp sensor as close to the intake as possible and seems most ppl mount it in the IC pipe but I was wondering what one? The one from the TB down or the one that goes from the IC to that other pipe?

Thanks
Jesster

·
Sooooooo JDM
1,221 Posts
wikedttz said:
I just got an EMS and have to mount the MAP and temp sensors (I got the AEM 3.5 bar map and GM temp). I have searched and know that you should put the temp sensor as close to the intake as possible and seems most ppl mount it in the IC pipe but I was wondering what one? The one from the TB down or the one that goes from the IC to that other pipe?

Thanks
Jesster
Most of us mount it down low, right after the I/C on the way up. It prevents the IAT sensor from getting heat soaked. Consequently, it also provides the most accurate representation of true intake air temperature.....right after the I/C. The MAP sensor can go anywhere, just keep the vac line as short as possible and try not to share it with anything if you don't have to. I used the vac nipple for the original MAP sensor. AEM (or Kalvico for that matter) don't make any recommendations on keeping the MAP vertical, but it has been my experience in the past to do it this way. At least with GM sensors it's this way to prevent condensation from degrading the sensor.

Hope this helps,

Ryan

·
How does my exhaust smell
1,014 Posts
My MAP sensor is located in the same location that the stock Toyota one was. My IAT is mid way up the IC pipe going to the throttle body.

·
supraman
632 Posts
Can someone pls post pic of the map sensor hooked up... exact location. thanks:)

1 - 5 of 5 Posts