Supra Forums banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
1,102 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
i have looked online for pictures, but i either get only pictures of just the exhaust or supra picture that do have that exhaust but none of the pictures came up with a good shot of it from the rear or side

anyone have better pics?

thanks

·
Registered
1,102 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
by the way how does it sound? is it loud and headache to drive or somewhat normal? i dont personally like the N1 or N2 apexi ones, and i do like the TRD its not that loud but it loud when its need to be when you get on it.

i just have a chance to get an Apexi GT spec for possibly a good deal thats why im taking it into consideration instead of the TRD one to save some money.

·
TH400 Club
809 Posts
I have had mine for ~10-11 months now. I drove ~10,000 miles in that time and the exhaust is quiet. It is pretty loud at WOT but at idle and under 85mph it is pretty quiet. I have video of me racing someone that I will host soon and you can hear the exhaust.

Here is a pic. My car is the rsp one.

·
Registered
1,102 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Willjs7 said:
I have had mine for ~10-11 months now. I drove ~10,000 miles in that time and the exhaust is quiet. It is pretty loud at WOT but at idle and under 85mph it is pretty quiet. I have video of me racing someone that I will host soon and you can hear the exhaust.
how much quiter is it compared to the N1 or N2 do you know?

can you please send me the video? dont know how big the vid is but you can send it to [email protected] if its not that big if its big send it to [email protected]

appreciate it!!

·
Registered
1,589 Posts
I think mine is pretty quiet. Ill be selling it to upgrade to the HKS Ti pretty soon.

edit: here are some more pics, that i got from the previous owner.

edit 2: previous owner's pics didnt work, Ill upload them later once Im at my house.

·
Registered
1,102 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
SupraSpeedMKIV said:
I think mine is pretty quiet. Ill be selling it to upgrade to the HKS Ti pretty soon.

edit: here are some more pics, that i got from the previous owner.

edit 2: previous owner's pics didnt work, Ill upload them later once Im at my house.
i like how it looks.. how would you compare the sound to apexi N1 or N2, half quiter?

how much you thinking selling it for and why are you thinking about upgrading to HKS one?

·
Registered
374 Posts
I wouldn't compare the sound of it to an N1 since the N1 piping is smaller. I have the GT spec and I really like the sound of it and it is fairly quiet at idle. My cousin had a N1 on his turbo talon and it was loud all the time. GT spec is definately much quieter.

·
Registered
1,589 Posts
NickT916 said:
i like how it looks.. how would you compare the sound to apexi N1 or N2, half quiter?

how much you thinking selling it for and why are you thinking about upgrading to HKS one?
Ive never heard the N1 in person so I cant really give an accurate comparison, but it is kinda loud on my car with the single turbo and all, but its a very deep mellowed out sound.. My reason for replacing it, is I just think Im getting to a point where my exhaust is holding me back, over 600rwhp, still on a 3" DP/Midpipe... upgrading to a 4 inch DP/MP, I may as well get a full 4 inch exhaust as well to complete the package. As for price... I have no idea what they go for, I was going to do some market research once I got it off the car.

·
Registered
3,662 Posts
I could be wrong, but I believe the Apexi GT has piping with a diameter of about 3.75" I love the sound. Very deep and throaty. I have heard some other supra exhausts and they seem a lot more high pitched then mine. I have absolutely nothing bad to say about this exhaust. I would recommend it. Here is an old picture of my car with it on.

·
Black is Faster!
424 Posts
GT Spec is absolutely no quieter than an N1, the only difference is the piping is completely polished and a slightly larger diameter... I've heard both side by side.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts