Supra Forums banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
244 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
As above, I have found a few threads on here that have mentioned the quality of Ricks work and I wanted to have a chat with him about a few things.

I don't use the book of faces, the website for Defiv Power inc. seems to be down and email address I found in a post on here bounced back.

·
Registered
1,076 Posts
He's been off the radar for awhile. Definitely did nice work when he was in business.

·
Registered
13,568 Posts
Like jdubs said, last I talked to Rick quite a while ago he stopped doing this work, I think mostly complications related to divorce and also some bum deals with bad customers.

In case he reads or hears... Rick! we love you man...get back into it we need you you're the best!

·
Kappa Check 1 2
646 Posts
Tuan (Biologist) had some work done by him, I'll message him over on FB and see if I can get you a contact number or something.

EDIT: Tuan said he's been missing for a few years. I asked if he was still in the game, he said probably not.

-Rich

·
Registered
244 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Thats a real shame :( The photos I saw of his work looked great. Looks like I will need to have a hunt around again.

Could anyone give a recommendation to someone who knows these cars and who has a lot of experience with port and polish work on cast exhaust manifolds.

·
Super Moderator
3,777 Posts
Thats a real shame :( The photos I saw of his work looked great. Looks like I will need to have a hunt around again.

Could anyone give a recommendation to someone who knows these cars and who has a lot of experience with port and polish work on cast exhaust manifolds.

He ported my cast manifold setup and it was really nice I wish I didn’t sell it.

·
Registered
244 Posts
Discussion Starter #7 (Edited)
He ported my cast manifold setup and it was really nice I wish I didn’t sell it.
I've read your build thread and have seen other posts about it, some nice photos.

Can you remember how quickly it spooled?

Do you know of anyone else who does this work?

·
Registered
1 Posts
Like jdubs said, last I talked to Rick quite a while ago he stopped doing this work, I think mostly complications related to divorce and also some bum deals with bad customers.

In case he reads or hears... Rick! we love you man...get back into it we need you you're the best!
I think I know one of the bum deals with a bad customer. White late model Camaro? Have a friend just down the street from his old shop and knows him well.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts
About this Discussion
7 Replies
6 Participants
EnoughPower
Supra Forums
Supra Forums is the largest online Toyota Supra MKI, MKII, MKIII, MKIV and MKV owner's club community. Discuss DIY, modifications, and upgrades.
Full Forum Listing