Supra Forums banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
S

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
i was wondering if anyone knew what the procedure was to swap a auto transmission to a 6 speed a full conversion for a 93-98 tt supra if anyone knows please email me on

[email protected]

·
Acting my age
3,968 Posts
I would prob
for this topic. Tranny, ECU, hardware, pedals, the list goes on. I bet a lot of ppl will flame because they think AT's are better too.. Why not sell your AT and find a 6 spd? Might be cheaper to do.

·
BPU++
425 Posts
You can find instructions on the conversion here. I would not recommend it due to both financial and time constraints. Something I always recommend however is full use of the search function ;)

M

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
I did the swap auto to six speed swap on my is300, needed:

Standalone ecu, it will control your engine better, ignition timing and other engine functions will be tunned to your 6spd transmission. You will need the 6spd sub-tunnel, the 6spd transmission sits few inches higher, the 6spd sub-tunnel will clear the tranny.Shifter and related parts will be needed, the shifter linkaga etc...
You will also need the 6spd transmission mount.
You also should go with a new clutch and flywheel of your choosing that should be installed with the six speed. If you have an auto you have to have the supra rear as well otherwise your gear ratios will not work properly. You will also need a 5 speed clutch pedal and a slave cylinder. The subtrain on the rear needs to be modified in order to make it fit, need the supra axles etc.. You will also need to fabricate a custom driveshaft.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts