Supra Forums banner
1 - 20 of 34 Posts

·
Registered
103 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I've been getting mixed info on the fitment of these rims. They are the Tenzo-R GF7s... I would really like to know if they actually fit my car. I have a 97 MKIV N/A, but I plan on upgrading the brakes soon anyways... so it must fit a TT MKIV... Some say it fits cause it fits the 350Z with the Brembo kit, but I think the calipers are smaller than the Supras... not sure.. but I've heard they rub against the caliper... so I was wondering if anyone has actually bought this rim yet! If not, does anyone have a recommendation of any 19" chrome lip, black rim deep dishes? Its so hard to find a good one that fits. I just bought the Speedy Octanes and found out they rub on the caliper after purchasing them from Discount Tire... Any help would be great thanks!

·
Registered
103 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I called and found that the offset is +45

·
Registered
1,104 Posts
even if they dont fit, you can always go to schwabs and have them order a similar looking rim for you to test fit it. they will tell you then and there if it'll fit or not. they have tons of options and can special order pretty much any rim

·
1st Lieutenant Team BEYAW
1,913 Posts
why is there so much schwabb talk lately? do you people really go there? my god they are over priced!

my wholesaler friend > schwabb

·
Registered
1,104 Posts
i work there so i gotta support them...even though i do think they are higher price for some things i would also agree that they talk the talk...not saying your friend doesnt, but generally you would like to go somewhere with a good reputation and very well known. and if you were getting 7 figures for retirement you def. want people going there knowing that its best for them...and you.

·
Registered
85 Posts
i worked at schwab for a little over a year, they deffinently make the little extra they charge worth it in the service they give you. wish i wouldnt have gotten hurt and had to leave, they take as good of care of the workers as they do the customers.

·
1,913 Posts
Wu_Tang said:
i work there so i gotta support them...even though i do think they are higher price for some things i would also agree that they talk the talk...not saying your friend doesnt, but generally you would like to go somewhere with a good reputation and very well known. and if you were getting 7 figures for retirement you def. want people going there knowing that its best for them...and you.
are you trying to tell me schwabb is paying you over $1 million for retirement? :1poke:

·
Swing on deezz!!!
2,155 Posts
I've got a problem with a place that won't replace a set of brake pads without replacing perfectly good working calipers. That's just a rip off. ALSO...I've asked many Les Schwab guys for a discount in the past only to hear them say 'we don't do that' (ok...listen...I don't want any beef alright? :1poke: ). These same guys call me at work all the time looking for discounts...and that chaps my ass.
:no!: :squintfin

Mark

·
Registered
85 Posts
they have to replace the whole brake system so they can offer their free warranty on their work. if they put their pads in old calipers and then the calipers fuck up, you sue them cuz they touched your brakes last. if i was a service place I'd do the same thing.

·
MMMM Smells like coolant
213 Posts
ToyoBeastly said:
why is there so much schwabb talk lately? do you people really go there? my god they are over priced!

my wholesaler friend > schwabb

So your offering your friend to all of us for tires and rims?

·
Swing on deezz!!!
2,155 Posts
Anddogg68 said:
they have to replace the whole brake system so they can offer their free warranty on their work. if they put their pads in old calipers and then the calipers fuck up, you sue them cuz they touched your brakes last. if i was a service place I'd do the same thing.
Les Schwab said:
COMPLETE FRONT DISC BRAKE SERVICE
1. Replace with remanufactured or rebuild front calipers
2. High Quality disc pads
3. Resurface rotors
4. Repack wheel bearings(except FWD)
5. New front seals (except FWD)
6. Bleed & adjust entire system

Why Do We Replace Brake Calipers?
We do more than replace brake pads. Factory re-manufactured calipers include new seals and hardware in addition to pads. This allows for better caliper operation, complete piston return and less brake drag.

Why Do We Machine Brake Rotors and Drums?
Machining the rotors and drums provides a proper finish for seating the new brake friction and preventing brake vibration and pulsation.
25K mile free warranty :rofl: Ever seen TommyBoy?? I could shit in a box and give it a killer warranty...but I still sold you a piece of crap. Obviously what LS is doing is taking advantage of consumer ignorance...which in my book is cheating, theft...whatever you want to call it. I'd much rather see them educate the consumer. This is robbery...legal robbery...but still crooked in my book.

·
Registered
85 Posts
then dont go there.
and let me tell you from experience... 80-90% of people dont know and dont WANT to know anything about tires brakes etc. they ignore their cars until a) their brakes make enough noise to drive them crazy or b) their tires get so bald they lose traction. you cant educate people who dont want anything besides are car that works like new without them doing any maintence on it. I delt with it for more than long enough, and as far as cheating or theft, you go work there for a year and then tell me whos taking advantage of who. I don't even want to get into it. I don't even work there anymore.

·
Registered
1,104 Posts
ls complete brake job is way cheaper then complete brake job at a dealer. i've had dealership experience and i am friends with dealership managers, almost 80% do a full brake job. they are guaranteeing it. period. if you think its too high...no offense bro but go somewhere else. simple as that. gas prices are too high, but who cares....who can do anything about it. its life. and yes...

toyobeastly i cant say how high, but its over 1mill. toogood to be true i know. so go work there yourself...the only way you'll find out. most people quit by retirement though. physically its a killer. but assis. management opp. is easy. and they make an easy 100g average. average mananger makes 150k. full health benefits paid for everyone. and CRAZY bonus checks. i can honestly say i love working and waking up to go to work.

·
Registered
1,104 Posts
anddog how'd you get hurt? i seen a guy blow off his whole arm putting a 16.5 on a 16. it was the most grusome thing ever. and les schwab does free service all the time. in my store, we give free rotation for everyone. regardless if its our tire or not. also free flat frepairs for 99% of the people. i'll charge if i see a costco brand new tire though. the funny thing is we dont have any competition. we took our competitors out of the town. you just cant beat it.

·
Registered
85 Posts
I pulled a muscle in my back one day when an account dropped off somethin like 30-40 truck tires and 25 widowmakers that were all old and rusted to shit. we were just breaking them down and junking them, after about 13 i was tired and not sticking to technique. woke up the next day and couldnt stand up straight. my back never got better as I was still working everyday and they never documented the injury since it wasnt a specific thing. long story short I had to leave. the benifits, the bonuses and the future LS provides are unmatched in businesses these days and I miss that a LOT. Dont miss the work at all though. I love what I'm doing now, just wish Circuit City took better care of me like Les did.

·
1,913 Posts
Wu_Tang said:
toyobeastly i cant say how high, but its over 1mill.
sorry, not buying it. if schwabb paid 7 figures +, they would have to beat off the new applicants trying to get in. and i cant see any sort of a manager making 6 figures either, maybe a regional rep., but not a manager.

Anddogg68 said:
So your offering your friend to all of us for tires and rims?
i would have to OK it with him first, and shipping would be extra, but i would hook up anybody i could. He isnt paid on commission, so he is willing to strike the deals.

i just priced a new set of tires for my buddy's mustang, $160 for a whole set. They werent fancy tires and they are for the stock 16's, but $40 a tire is a good deal

·
Registered
85 Posts
toyo, hes not lying. the retirement program is ridiculous. and the manager I worked for when i was there was taking home close to $200,000 a year.

·
Registered
1,104 Posts
yeah, i live in a pretty small town and my managers making at least 145k, remember 150k is average. i told you you wouldnt believe me. how do they get all that money? will 49% profit goes to employees. and les himself and his family is not greedy at all. they give 2400 dollar bonus checks every year (FROM THEIR POCKET!!!)...for everyone that has worked there for a year...just to say they appreciate us. then you get profit share bonus which for my store averages to be 2500 a share...up to 3 shares. more profit= more money. california stores are making like 4k a share. how would you like a fat ass check saying "here ya go, you deserve it, we worked as a team...this is your reward." i told you toyobeastly....you gotta work there to believe it. and the best part of all...is helping the customers in my opinion. i love every part of it...and ya know what...they keep coming back. they love the service...customer service is so poor these days...hell...i cant even put my hand in my pocket for one second. we're close to being multi billionaire company...last year it was 1.5bill. not only that but the account for our retirement earns interest too. 3-4% interest is ALOT when you dump millions into it.

·
Registered
1,104 Posts
ToyoBeastly said:
sorry, not buying it. if schwabb paid 7 figures +, they would have to beat off the new applicants trying to get in. and i cant see any sort of a manager making 6 figures either, maybe a regional rep., but not a manager.

i would have to OK it with him first, and shipping would be extra, but i would hook up anybody i could. He isnt paid on commission, so he is willing to strike the deals.

i just priced a new set of tires for my buddy's mustang, $160 for a whole set. They werent fancy tires and they are for the stock 16's, but $40 a tire is a good deal
yeah, but does your friend give life time free rotation, does he have tons of varieties to choose from, free flat repairs, free air check, runs to you when you pull up.... on the famous 235/85/16 we have about 35 options of brands to choose from. again...im not saying your friend isnt any good. its about survival of the best. competition comes and goes....no worry.

and how can you not see it? my store averages about 25k a day! and that is low! on a good day we do 35k. remember, we do semi tires, dolly tires, mechanical things. it adds up bro...treat the customer like kings/queens...thats our model.

1 - 20 of 34 Posts