Supra Forums banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts
S

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I can't seem to find any this size which have peak hold. any help would be appreciated. Thanks,

Zach

·
Registered
3,636 Posts
I looked...

Greddy, HKS, and Apexi didn't have anything but 60mm gauges. :( I ended up with an Apexi EGT and boost in a pillar pod. 52mm gauges with the features I wanted were nowhere to be found.

There may be a company out there that makes them with a seperate controller - I want to say that norskog/intellitronix gauges have this but I'm not sure. Looking that up just now I was running across just digital gauges made by them. Someone out there makes an analog style gauge with digital guts that uses blue LED lighting. I THINK that company might have peak\hold etc. in that lineup but I'm really not sure. I wanted an EL gauge so I didn't research these others too far.

Hope that's of some help anyway. Good luck!

·
Super Moderator!!ON PATROL ALL OVER!!
10,459 Posts
R

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
ya, but in greddy. they only offer the 60mm with the special warning feature:D

S

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Re: I looked...

BLKMGK said:
Greddy, HKS, and Apexi didn't have anything but 60mm gauges. :( I ended up with an Apexi EGT and boost in a pillar pod. 52mm gauges with the features I wanted were nowhere to be found.

There may be a company out there that makes them with a seperate controller - I want to say that norskog/intellitronix gauges have this but I'm not sure. Looking that up just now I was running across just digital gauges made by them. Someone out there makes an analog style gauge with digital guts that uses blue LED lighting. I THINK that company might have peak\hold etc. in that lineup but I'm really not sure. I wanted an EL gauge so I didn't research these others too far.

Hope that's of some help anyway. Good luck!

Thats the same set up i'm going to do. I just don't want to go too big because I still want to maintain a clean look. Thanks for the help.

Zach

·
Registered
3,636 Posts
It's a little in your face but...

My car is still states away but should be here the 29th. In the meantime the previous owner has gone ahead and installed the guages for me and shot some pics :D Here are a couple from my site ->

And

Not too bad IMO. He's been driving the car some with the new gauges and says he REALLY likes them. He's used Greddy and Autometer in the past but has been impressed with these gauges. Only downside is BAR only and not English markings for boost (shrug). I figure I'll live with it, no biggie. Having used Autometer myself almost exclusively I'll be interested to see how these work out. Had these various companies built an electronic speedo in a 5inch\90mm size and a tach that didn't look like crap to match it I'd have used these in my Z. :( Oh well!

P.S. Aren't the DEFI gauges all digital? Somewhere I've got a link to electronic gauges that are analog style, I'll keep looking.

S

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Re: It's a little in your face but...

BLKMGK said:
My car is still states away but should be here the 29th. In the meantime the previous owner has gone ahead and installed the guages for me and shot some pics :D Here are a couple from my site ->

Wow that looks really nice! good luck with your new car. I'm sure you'll love it. Thanks for the pictures. I'm going to have a single pillar pod for my boost guage. I'm trying to think of the best place to put the EGT guage.

Zach

·
Registered
3,636 Posts
EGT on mine is below the boost

I did an EL peak/hold EGT as well. That's the second gauge in the pod. I wasn't seeing any single pods out there and I figured what th eheck an EGT might be nice :)

Intellitronix IS th ecompany I was thinking of. Not sure why I didn't see the analog styled gauges on their site before but I've seen some ads for them since. Warning output and they're electronic analog with blue LED backlighting.

http://www.intellitronix.com/prfanlg.html

1 - 10 of 10 Posts