Supra Forums banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
30 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey everyone... I'm currently trying to engineer my own turbo system... I'm starting with the heat exchanger... I'm going with a front mount cross flow heat exchanger.... I would like to know if anyone has the specs for the stock system on the car... The engine I have is still stock so I have the stock Tempuratures and pressures still flowing... I'm planning on keeping the CT26 turbo's as long as they are functional... however, the need a good rebuild..... so here are my questions.

1. What is the stock Entrance Temp into the stock IC ?
2. What is the stock Pressure at the inlet to the IC, and what is the exit Pressure at the exit?
3. What material is the stock IC made of?

1. What tools to I need to rebuild the stock turbos correctly?
2. What is the procedure?

I appreciate any info... Thank you...

·
Registered
814 Posts
1. 2. dont rebuild the stock turbos, they arent worth rebuilding...u can be a whole new set of stock twins for a few hundred bucks n just throw them on there.

·
Registered
13,581 Posts
sngledsupe said:
1. 2. dont rebuild the stock turbos, they arent worth rebuilding...u can be a whole new set of stock twins for a few hundred bucks n just throw them on there.

just so you know it's not literally "new" u can buy a good condition used set for a few hundred bucks. New from Toyota if they are available would be at least a couple g's. I'm trying to remember reading if anyone has rebuilt stock turbos, probably they have but it's a very rare effort for all that trouble.

The stock intercooler has plastic end tanks and aluminum core. I don't know inlet conditions, but of course the outlet pressure is pretty much what you see on your boost gauge; I don't know how much pressure drop the stock IC produces.

·
Registered
13,581 Posts
sngledsupe said:
Nick...way to be a smartass ;-) i didnt mean brand new but yes if ya wanna be picky u are correct

I'm sorry you took it that way, it wasn't at all what I had in mind. But Mr Smegatron with only 4 posts to his name might not know that, so I figured I'd clear it up to be sure, and if he already knows that I'm sorry I mentioned it.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts