Supra Forums banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
517 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
thinking about going up to west covina to check out these wheels that are for sale. i asked if he could send a pic of the wheels on the car and got a reply back. this is the pic i have of his car so maybe someone local to the area may know him? he's not on supraforums, but seeing as how he is a supra owner, i'm pretty sure SOMEBODY here knows him or at least has spoken to him.

to anyone wondering why I ask, i'm just wondering if he's a trustworthy person to deal with and if anyone has ever dealt business with him, as we've had a few bizarre craigslist-related incidents happen down here in the san diego area recently.

the link to the corresponding ad. http://losangeles.craigslist.org/sgv/pts/2429581826.html

also i'm posting up the ad because I'm almost clueless as to how I can tell authentic TE37's from the reps. Someone mentioned that if the holes line up with the spokes, they are fakes, but if they DON'T line up, they are authentic. that made sense to me until I realize that 5 holes CANNOT line up with 6 spokes no matter what. so I don't think that test applies to 5-lug wheels. also someone told me that since it has the sticker inside that it is real since volk does not sell or distribute these serial number stickers and applies them on the wheels upon leaving their factory. However, a sticker could be counterfeited and if that is the case, then how can I tell between one that is legit and one that is copied?

any help would be greatly appreciated. thanks in advance!

·
tastie treats
2,550 Posts
I've actually spoke to the guy. He's a legit person. I used to see the car time to time and now I think he garages it only. The car barely moved as it was. The car as a whole is in great condition, minus the white interior.

·
Mr. 2JZUL8R
6,024 Posts
1 - 5 of 5 Posts