Supra Forums banner

1 - 20 of 25 Posts

·
Now...Whitesupra94
3,249 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
hey guys ive been considering coloring my brakes something other than their aluminum look. i saw some paint specifically for this in the store the other day?
would this stuff actually work? and would i need to disassemble the brakes to do it?
thanks in advance.
Bob

PS. anyone done this?

·
« f ï z z | ë »
761 Posts
is it possible to paint the rotors? i've seen the fake rotors/"cover thingies", but not the actual rotors... i know the calipers can be painted also... i would think you need to disassemble the brakes to do this job, or at least to make the finished job look clean, but maybe you don't.

·
MKIV TT Sell-OUT
176 Posts
mkivsoopra said:
I don't think paint on the rotors would last very long... with brake pads rubbing on it at such.. :p
itd be funny as hell to see someone do it and try to brake though. haha. sorry neil, dont think that's such a good idea..:p alot of people that i know who have done it did not need to take it apart, just covered everything.

·
Now...Whitesupra94
3,249 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
yea i mean the calipers...mine dont say supra on them(93.5 NA) so i wanted to either paint them yellow with the word supra on them in red or red, with the word supra in white... are there any "supra" stickers that would hold up to the heat produced by the brakes..?
thanks
sorry for the confusion,
bob

·
Hardtopper
235 Posts
Just tape up the center of the rotor, so your wheel doesn't stick to the paint, tapeing the rotor surface, is completely up to you, if you don't, the brakes will burn it off... Just grab some brillow pads, and give the whole brake system a once over, and your paint should come out nicely. Somebody does make caliper stickers. I either read about them on the forums, or the mailing list... I'll try to find out who it was, and post it here.

Be sure to tape some newspaper on the fenderwells, so you don't get overspary on your car... if you don't decide on covering your rotors, your breaks are going to feel like their grabbing funny, but they'll get back to normal.

H

·
0 Posts
Go to hardpipe.com. They sell caliper stickers. :D
I've seen Honduh guys paint their rotos. They don't look that bad. Just mask the areas where your pad will touch. I'll use something like VHT 1200 degree engine paint or similar.... that should last for awhile. :D
I don't think it's such a bad idea. When those rotos get rusty, they don't look good at all. :)

·
Registered
181 Posts
the stickers won't work on NA... they are meant for TT calipers which are bigger... unless someone makes them specifically for us... the rear stickers for TT calipers fit nice on the front NA calipers, but that's about it

·
Registered
66 Posts
Stickers for Calipers

Someone earlier mentioned stickers fora TT to apply to the brake calipers. I have a 97 NA and would like to try them on mine. I tried the hardpipe.com address that was mentioned but nothing. Anyone know where to get them?

·
1,005 Posts
mkivsoopra said:
My TT rotors just came in today... caliper stickers should be on the way :)

Do you have a NA or a TT...you know that the TT rotors don't fit on our NA's b/c they have a larger diameter and would require the TT calipers to fit properly right?

·
Registered
158 Posts
I am going to paint my calipers tomorrow and I will let you guys know how it goes and also take some pics for you.

Brad

·
Supra Member
1,822 Posts
TRDSupraSE said:

Do you have a NA or a TT...you know that the TT rotors don't fit on our NA's b/c they have a larger diameter and would require the TT calipers to fit properly right?
I have an NA, but don't worry, I have the TT calipers already (of course not installed yet, but they're going in together). ;)

·
1,005 Posts
mkivsoopra said:

I have an NA, but don't worry, I have the TT calipers already (of course not installed yet, but they're going in together). ;)
Hey how difficult is it to put TT brakes on an NA? Do you have to remove that metal cover (brake-dust cover) from the car...hey let me know how the install goes b/c I might try it also if its not too hard;)

·
Registered
158 Posts
I got some pictures of the swaping of the rear brakes from NA to TT rotors and caliper. Just got it done last night. I also have my calipers painted black too and are waiting for some TRD stickers to put on them. If any of you guys want them the pics, just email me at [email protected]

Brad

·
« f ï z z | ë »
761 Posts
1 - 20 of 25 Posts