Supra Forums banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts
Z

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
for those of you who has cam gears on your bpu supra, does it really work? how much hp gain shoudl I expect? any dyno charts?

thanx

Jonas

I

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
Cam Gears

Cam gears can give you some decent HP gain, with the proper tuning of course. The best bang for your buck is replacing the exhaust side cam gear if you cant afford to get both. The exhaust gear with proper tuning can net you somewhere in the neighborhood of 15-20HP.

Z

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
thanx!

is there a particular brand thats good? I'm deciding between HKS or JUN.

M

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
I was going to go with the AEM just b/c it's cheapest and they all do the same thing, but I could be wrong..........

·
Registered
32 Posts
jonas-

i'd check out the unorthodox racing cam gears if i were u. it uses 5 bolts instead of 3 like aem, and it's nicer than the hks gears. i'll have pics of my engine bay soon so you can decide for yourself. but just a suggestion.

·
Administrator
17,224 Posts
I would also recommend a 5 bolt cam gear, if price isn't the deciding factor for you. Unorthodox Racing and Jun both make them with 5 bolts instead of 3. Good luck! :)

Steve T.
1995 Supra TT hardtop

·
Registered
32 Posts
Zerosoul said:
for those of you who has cam gears on your bpu supra, does it really work? how much hp gain shoudl I expect? any dyno charts?

thanx

Jonas
Though I did not get proven dyno #'s after my cam gears, I DID indeed feel a big increase in power....as well as quicker spool up. The turbos also didnt seem to choke as much as they did and drop as much boost at high rpm's.

T

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
So is the consensus to set the exhaust at -3 marks and the intake +1.

Joe

·
Registered
1,392 Posts
On the dyno, with the addition of cam gears set -3 marks and +1 mark and a greddy three row. I picked up 15rwhp and 44ftlb. I'd say they are proven since you typically won't see any improvement from the front mount on the dyno.

Matt

J

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
BPU NA gain?

How about gains on NA with just Apexi intake & MX exhaust? Different settings than -3 exhaust + 1 intake? Thanks!

S

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Re: BPU NA gain?

jakemarietta said:
How about gains on NA with just Apexi intake & MX exhaust? Different settings than -3 exhaust + 1 intake? Thanks!

M

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
Very good question, once you have different cams and/or you're single- do you need to have cam gears? I would assume they would be vital for tuning though I could be wrong.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts