Supra Forums banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts
R

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
does it hurt the engine running realy rich?

I have a few more important things to buy before a fuel controller. But I will buy the controller now if its going to hurt my engine.

·
We has your money!
576 Posts
I really dont see any problems with it other than you will foul your plugs

G

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
sonik said:
I really dont see any problems with it other than you will foul your plugs
Long term damage to your engine due to "borewash"....excess of fuel washing the oil from the engine bores.

So I am told.........

·
what will the future hold
916 Posts
Not a good idea to run to rich all the time. All kind of things happen like the oil being contaminated which can cause miss fires as well as the cylinder walls being damage. You could actually lose your fiction protection as the oil won't be up to par. Not to mention the extra buildup in your head. Is it worth it? Not in my opinion.

·
Registered
1,217 Posts
I am intrested in this topic as well. I performed a compression test the other day and all cylinders were even but on the average 7psi lower then the last compression test(about 6 weeks ago). I think its just maybe a variance in test conditions but in that time between compression tests the fuel system and FMIC were installed..I dont think i am running rich(plugs look fine) but you never know....anyone have any input on this?!?

B

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
AZMongoose said:
I am intrested in this topic as well. I performed a compression test the other day and all cylinders were even but on the average 7psi lower then the last compression test(about 6 weeks ago). I think its just maybe a variance in test conditions but in that time between compression tests the fuel system and FMIC were installed..I dont think i am running rich(plugs look fine) but you never know....anyone have any input on this?!?
I would have thought that one would have a higher compression readings due to carbon build up, if you're running rich.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts