Supra Forums banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

· Registered
310 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Today the supra did not want to boost properly. I hit fuel cut (or what i think is fuel cut) at about 8-9 PSI. Did a diagnostic I have a code 34(excessive turbo pressure), 51, which is the TPS. Is that excessive turbo pressure code a fancy way of saying fuel cut?

I've found the procedure to check the TPS but the Fluke meter is at my shop. I will do it tomorrow.

Now, my question is this. If I have a faulty TPS, would this be a reason why I am hitting fuel cut/code 34?? The TPS is talking to the ECU/whatever but is not giving the ECu/whatever the correct reading? hence no fuel? problem seams to happen occasionally. Was hitting 12 PSI no problem at times today, then other times she said no!

· Registered
310 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 · (Edited)
I did not get a chance to check out my TPS today as it was super busy at work.
On my way home the thing died at a redlight and would not start! I felt like such a tool stuck in the middle of the road. After a few minutes of trying it finally started. I checked my diag codes when I arrived home and got the same ones 34, and 51.

I know my problem is at my TPS, just curious if this symptom usually means the TPS needs to be replaced?

Thanks again guys.

Oh I almost forgot, Degree - I checked all my intercooler piping and everything looks to be okay. All clamps are tight and no notcable holes anywhere so I dont think there is a boost leak. (when I got the car started at the light I gave her hard to get the hell out of there and she hit 12 lbs and ran strong). Would a small, small boost leak cause this? Maybe a pinhole or something I could not see...?

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.