Supra Forums banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Jihad Killer
1,201 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have just bought a 7m-gt 5 speed 1PC ALUMINUM drive shaft.. I installed it on my 5 speed 1jz and it seems to short?? Im not sure if there is supposed to be a little space between the tranny and the driveshaft?? Its been a while since ive taken the old one off.

Plus i used to have an auto so i can use the old one for a refrence..

Thanks
Josh

·
going broke fast
2,401 Posts
my 7mgte auto driveshaft worked on my 1jz auto.i have a 1jz 5speed driveshaft also and it was longer then the auto one.pm me if you need it

·
going broke fast
2,401 Posts
the driveshaft that i got with my clip is longer then the one on my car,probably sent the wrong one with my clip.could it be off a mkiv,it looks exacly like my 7m one just the front half is longer

·
Banned
3,588 Posts
the 7mge driveshaft is a different size than the gte shaft, make shure u didnt get the wrong one.

·
going broke fast
2,401 Posts
wasn't he saying it was because the front part was smaller in diameter.i read that same post.,he said you could notice the difference in driving the car.i want an aluminum 1 piece
keith

·
Jihad Killer
1,201 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Its a 7mgte shaft..

The problem is wen i installed it onto my car, it seemed as if the driveshaft didnt but all the way upto the tailshaft on the tranny.. If i put the tranny side in first i slide it in untill it cant go anyfarther, then i look down at the differential end and there is like a 1/2 inch gap inbetween the driveshaft and the diff.. So to hook it up i just slid it out of the tranny side enought to get it to but up to the 4 bolt holes..

Im pretty sure its fine, im just curious if there is any front to back play from the tranny to the shaft.

Now that ive connfused you, can you help me.. :)

Thanks
Josh

·
going broke fast
2,401 Posts
thats the way its supposed to be,your fine.when i tryed to install the jza70 shaft i have the center bearing wouldn't line up with the mounting holes.i ended up putting the 7mgte shaft in

·
Jihad Killer
1,201 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Thanks fellas!!

Man this site is helping me out allot.. Thanks allot to everybody that has hellped..

Josh

1 - 12 of 12 Posts