Supra Forums banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts
S

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
two part question

1. as stated in the question- i am having my tranny fluid replaced-but i can't seem to find the proper fluid(also not sure what the proper fluid is.

2. what is the recomended fluid?

thanks

·
Supra OG
2,392 Posts
You need V160 oil from the Toyota dealer for the 6 speed tranny. Don't use anything else.

S

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
need to clarify-i already have the tranny fluid -what is the recomended diff. fluid

·
Supra OG
2,392 Posts
I use a Redline SAE90 gear oil in the differential. Takes 1.43 quarts. Don't get anything with an LSD additive. In answer to your original question, no you don't need to change both at the same time.

S

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
thanks xcelr8- appreciate the info all i need is sae90 and it takes 1.43 quarts - i was told to fill it to the brim. since i sem to have your attention what is the stock gap recomended on stock plugs?

·
Supra OG
2,392 Posts
Sure, you fill it to the brim, but just make sure you have at least 1.43 quarts (i.e. 2 quarts on hand).

The stock gap is 0.043 in

S

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
are you sure -that seems really high-ngk's are usually gapped in the low 30's

·
Supra OG
2,392 Posts
Yes, it's right out of the service manual.

S

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
thanks again buster- i am having the plugs and a bunch of other shit done as we speak - i read somewhere on the forum to not gap the stock plugs-as bending them at an angle can decrease the spark or something like that- if the car still doesn't feel good i guess it is time to replace the coilpacks- which i'll probably have done next week-i'll keep you posted -thanks agin for all your help

1 - 9 of 9 Posts