Supra Forums banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
1,775 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 · (Edited)
oh well, thanks for clearing that up.

I'm asking cuz I was trying to buy some shocks for the trunk, and they're listed as "with wing" or "without wing", and the shocks I have currently only work when my car is wingless, are they really any different or is it just toyota making it easier to find for buyers?

·
Bully
5,319 Posts
The shocks for wings has more pressure to hold up the extra wight of the wing.

·
Registered
4,888 Posts
if your wingless, get the shocks for the wingless hatch but if you get shocks for a wing'd hatch then it will just be super strong.

·
Registered
1,775 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Wow, i didnt know that, so I guess my supra was factory wingless. I will check the shocks in the morning to see if theres any sticker that specifies if its a with or w/o .

·
Dr. Jeff Lange
9,352 Posts
Either that or they have just gotten weaker over time.

Jeff

·
Registered
865 Posts
Will be sending mine to a canadian rebuilder, just had a quote they will also get them a bit stronger but will be harder to close the hatch, I don't care, it will open faster and last longer ! They are called strutwise

·
Blood for Blood
8,324 Posts
^ did U get a price quote to share with us?

Mine are perfect but I see a lot of these threads lately....

·
Master Shit Fixer
3,760 Posts

·
Registered
865 Posts
For me Strutwise asked: $46 each strut, shipping back also included and I asked to have them 1 notch stronger for both my vehicles (93 Supra Turbo, spoiler, wiper and 91 Previa LE AWD, spoiler, wiper)

He advised a notch stronger will be fine, but it may be a bit more difficult to close the hatch, but if it open more easily and last longer too !

I'll send them in a few month, I'm in Canada, so should not take long maybe a week, I'll ask him before sending not to loose the Supra hatch for too long

·
Master Shit Fixer
3,760 Posts
1 - 14 of 14 Posts