Supra Forums banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Search
3,303 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
This morning I started boosting down the road and noticed the car seemed MUCH slower than normal and the blow off valve (HKS SSQ) made more of a sneeeze sound (TTSSSSSS) then abruptly stopped than its normal sexy sound...

I boosted again and watched the gauge... i'm only hitting ~5 lbs... and it fluxtuates fast by about 2-3 PSI... normally i'm at a steady 12 psi
i did a visual inspection, checked all the hoses and stuff and i didn't notice anything out of the ordinary....

I'm running a VPC also....

if not a boost leak, what?

I just went to work from home where i originally posted and recorded a full throttle run on my boost gauge... it took FOREVER to hit 5psi when normally 5 psi is damn quick...

·
DRiFTT
991 Posts
get some some kind of engine cleaner spray and spray it on places like hose connectors, hoses, pipes etc where boost goes and see if u see the air bubbling etc....

turbo either not giving good boost, wastegate bad? something not holding boost, but did this happen after the VPC or did it always boost at 12psi with VPC? Sounds boost leakyish

·
Search
3,303 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
1JZ_Cressida said:
get some some kind of engine cleaner spray and spray it on places like hose connectors, hoses, pipes etc where boost goes and see if u see the air bubbling etc....

turbo either not giving good boost, wastegate bad? something not holding boost, but did this happen after the VPC or did it always boost at 12psi with VPC? Sounds boost leakyish

i've had the VPC in for a while and it was running excellent! This just happeed out of the blue.

·
slowly giving up...
1,069 Posts
check your codes. if you have the FC code, then you have a boost leak. if not, it might still be a boost leak. :p

-shaeff

·
Search
3,303 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
shaeff said:
check your codes. if you have the FC code, then you have a boost leak. if not, it might still be a boost leak. :p

-shaeff

Doh! I Never think about codes when I'm not throwing a CEL

Just checked: No codes.

·
Registered
363 Posts
Sounds like what is happening with my car. Ran 1.5 bar just like I set it at... put in a new set of cam gears and it won't boost over .8bar; sometimes its only .5. Haven't even adjusted the gears...

Oh and yes, the timing is correct.

·
DRiFTT
991 Posts
leeeeeaaaaaaakkkkkkkkkkkkkkkk

·
Always playing catch up
1,632 Posts
whats your vac? also take everything off, might have a tear you can't see unless there is boost applied to it

<l><l>

·
Search
3,303 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
snake eyes said:
whats your vac? also take everything off, might have a tear you can't see unless there is boost applied to it

<l><l>

yeah that's what i've determined I have... manager is gone from work tomorrow... i've got 8 hours to figure out where it is :)

·
Search
3,303 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
HOLY CRAP!

I dunno how this happened, maybe just an old, old, hose with my newly raised boost....

I'll get a picture later but the hose that came off the turbo was almost torn in half, it was horrible.

Nice to be back to my normal power though :p

·
DRiFTT
991 Posts
lol, i had a 90 degree plastic kinda hose bend connecting to my throttle which connected to my intercooler hosing and it had the same thing, did'nt noticed it till i revved it by the throttle instead of inside.....this after i noticed car not running on boost lol

1 - 12 of 12 Posts