Supra Forums banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Old School
4,055 Posts
twinturbozs said:
i came upon this link and was wondering if HKS ever came out with a kit using the Gt2530's. I believe they sell them for the 300zx but was wondering if they can also be used on a supra.

http://mkiv.supras.org.nz/articles/scc2.htm
No.

HKS did one prototype kit for the MKIV, but it didn't work out, and was never offered for sale.

·
Premium Member
5,991 Posts
I beleive HKS does offer other twin turbo upgrade kits besides the 2835s and the 3037 kit. Whether or not the kit twinturbozs mentioned is one of them, I'm not sure what their numbers were. I'm pretty sure other kits do exist though.

A member on here that goes by the user name "MONZTER" had a HKS twin upgrade kit for sale that was for supra, but wasn't either of the 2 more popular HKS kits, the 2835 and 3037.

:)

CraigK

·
Registered
1,826 Posts
Were the HKS GT 2530's fit to replace the stock turbos on the stock manifold? Any idea why the dropped it?

·
Old School
4,055 Posts
Yes, they were to be an upgrade using the stock manifold & sequential setup. I don't know if they planned to sell the whole thing as a kit, or just the pieces needed to make it work.

I'm not sure why they dropped it, my guess would be cost compared to potential number of buyers.

Larry from SP posted about it to the list a few years back, he might have more info.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts