Supra Forums banner
1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
Registered
1,754 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I am just wonering how this damage will cause the wheel to behave while drive. Is this insignificant enough that it will not cause problems onc the wheel is balanced?

Thanks;
Kyle

·
Registered
401 Posts
That rim will not leak. But that tire is shot.

·
Shawn Davis
1,662 Posts
It's drivable!? That's an understatement.

Common' guys. This is just curb rash...it's purely cosmetic and can be fixed with some primer and paint.

·
The Funny Man
1,254 Posts
^^agreed^^
that is not so bad.....I have seen a lot worse driving around. Especially in the winter up here (yes, I am guilty of this).

·
Registered
6,780 Posts
wow at this post

·
Registered
1,754 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
My car hasn't hit any curbs :), I am looking to buy these wheels and get rid of the chrome ones that I have. But that is great advice none the less
!
Thanks

·
what comes out the butt?
4,463 Posts
i think hes talking about the deep chunk taken out of the rim there with the curb rash..

i could see where hed be conserned had he never seen something like that...it wont cause any drivability changes...though like someone else said it COULD possibly cause a leak, but thats doubtfull because its not deep enough to reach the bead from what i can see..

·
Registered
1,754 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
MaliCali said:
i think hes talking about the deep chunk taken out of the rim there with the curb rash..

i could see where hed be conserned had he never seen something like that...it wont cause any drivability changes...though like someone else said it COULD possibly cause a leak, but thats doubtfull because its not deep enough to reach the bead from what i can see..
Bingo!

·
Very Senior Member
10,067 Posts
MaliCali said:

Yeah, we know. But that's not a problem. I have one set worse than that and drive them on the road course.

Anyway, that'll buff right out.

·
Registered
1,638 Posts
As stated the tire needs replaced. You can and most likely have broken cords which is prone to cause premature tire failures. Stay away from the damn curbs!!!!

1 - 20 of 21 Posts