Supra Forums banner

1 - 20 of 22 Posts

·
2014 E63 S
2,517 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I was reading the Z2 Bottle, and it said it can be applied to your wheels. Does this stuff really work on chrome wheels? Does it make it more shiny? Or repel dust or what?

I'm kinda scarred to put it on - fearing it won't come off very easy. I thought this stuff was just for paint.

Anyone have any experience?

·
Driver Down
1,991 Posts
They mean on painted rims.. some cars have painted and/or clearcoat rims.

Any rim cleaner should eat right through Zaino.. but I definitely wouldn't put it on Chrome wheels..

If it had any benefit, it would be easier to wash brake dust/grime off.. but if regularly washed weekly, shit shouldn't be too hard to get shit off to begin with.

Actually, I find it odd someone with a Supra has chrome rims.. norm around here frowns upon them.. :dunno: Got pics?

:)

·
2014 E63 S
2,517 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Oh, I guess I was confused. In step 5, it say's "recommended for all chrome, plastic, metal, and painted trim."

I know alot of people use it on their windows, and I read long ago of people using it on their rims. I think it was on my350z.com - which has a butt load of detailing tips. Those guys really know how to details some cars over there.

And my rims are stock TT chrome wheels. They look much better than the polished rims my previous MKIV had. The polished had a dirty shine to them. These are more mirror like and work well with the Quicksilver.

·
Driver Down
1,991 Posts
haha guess I deserve dumbass of the year - 2004 award.. you can clearly see your rims in your avatar! lol

Why not try it on the rear wheels and do a comparison between untreated and zaino'd. :)

·
2014 E63 S
2,517 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
haha, don't worry about it. I don't have any good shots of the rims, but I'll take some soon. I'm going to try to zaino one of the rims and see how it goes.

·
Senior Spooler
1,206 Posts
TIP, use the additive to the Zaino, it dry's faster, and collects LESS dust! Expensive.....but works wonders.
I have some frowned upon chrome rims too.

·
Registered
3,171 Posts
SupraLB said:
Oh, I guess I was confused. In step 5, it say's "recommended for all chrome, plastic, metal, and painted trim."

And my rims are stock TT chrome wheels. They look much better than the polished rims my previous MKIV had. The polished had a dirty shine to them. These are more mirror like and work well with the Quicksilver.

Basically, zaino can be used on any slick, smooth surface in which case, it can be buffed off easily.....rims aren't that special :D (go for it).

I don't see what the big deal is about hating on chrome....what's so wrong with chrome??? I had factory chrome '91 "Pony" wheels (factroy issue 5-spokes on 91 mustangs) on my 85GT and they looked awesome against the Porsche midnight blue I had.
As far as I'm concerned, chrome only looks ghetto (if that's what yall are thinking of it) if the style of the rim itself is ghetto.

·
2014 E63 S
2,517 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Yeah, ghetto rims would be a huge no-no. Especially chrome spinners or 20" chrome anything. But stock TT wheels look good to me. Plus, I just bought the car and it has new tires, so no reason for me to upgrade at all. I like things to look "stock."

I'm looking for an aftermarket exhaust, and I want it to resemble the stock look as well.

·
Mid-life Realization!
2,530 Posts
Zylo said:

Actually, I find it odd someone with a Supra has chrome rims.. norm around here frowns upon them.. :dunno: Got pics?

:)
:scratch: For some people the "chrome" adds more weight than they want, but I hardly think they are frowned upon. Look at people sporting HRE's etc....Aren't many of those chromed?

Brad

·
Driver Down
1,991 Posts
HRE's are Polished.

And to clear something up.. I like chrome rims, moreso than polished. I'm not hatin' on em!

Thinking of throwing Chrome Cobra R Y2K rims on my F150... never seen it done before.. :)

·
Registered
3,171 Posts
Zylo said:

And to clear something up.. I like chrome rims, moreso than polished. I'm not hatin' on em!

Okay ;)

(just that you came off a little as though you were one of the frowners :D )

·
Mid-life Realization!
2,530 Posts
Zylo said:
HRE's are Polished.

Thinking of throwing Chrome Cobra R Y2K rims on my F150... never seen it done before.. :)
I didn't think you were hating on them, Zylo. I like them too....of course I am partial as I have "chromed" HRE's:cool:

Brad

·
Registered
31 Posts
KERR said:
Dave you use regular wax or that stuff they posted
i don't have any closeups of the 17" Racingharts that come stock on my car or anything but i can tell you they look better than new with that Wheel Wax on them. it does for your wheels what a wax or a polish would do for your paint.

also,i've never had any customer who's car i've cleaned thats had alluminum wheels have anything negative to say about the outcome when it came time to hand over some cash.

its worth a shot. if you spend thousands upon thousands on your wheels why not take some pride in keeping them looking the way they were meant to.

·
Registered
2,299 Posts
its not the pride im worried about, I can just see me put that on my wheel and something happen. My rear lips are huge on my volk, were talking like 6.5 deep lips.

1 - 20 of 22 Posts