Supra Forums banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
A few days ago I removed my valve covers since I was planning on installing AN fittings for an oil catchtank.
Never got to actually installing the AN adapters and just put everything back together again.

When I took it out for a run later that night I noticed that when warm it sometimes goes down on 5 cylinders when idling. If I just touch the gas it'll stop and wont come back for a while. It's kind of random and only happens once in maybe 7 stops I do. If even that.

Until I removed the valve covers the car has always run even and smooth on all cylinders.

Is there something I may have accidentally messed with? I've heard that this symptom is usually a sign of a vacuum leak, but I haven't found one yet.

The car is a single turbo 1994 jspec supra with manual 6spd gearbox.

I've checked for vacuum leaks, and made sure all coils are connected and attached properly.

Since I bought the car when it was already single, I'm having a hard time figuring out if some of the vacuum lines that aren't connected should be or not, since I know a lot of vacuum gets removed when going single.

Thanks in advance for any advice I might get.

/ Sebastian

·
Registered
356 Posts
I'd check and make sure that you didn't crack any coilpacks connectors and that the packs are on properly. It has to be somethkng you removed when you took off the valve covers so I'd look around that area.

·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I'd check and make sure that you didn't crack any coilpacks connectors and that the packs are on properly. It has to be somethkng you removed when you took off the valve covers so I'd look around that area.
Yeah that's what i figured as well so I've been checking that area for things I might have touched. Have also checked the coilpacks and connectors.. Thought maybe someone had seen the same symptoms.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts