Supra Forums banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

· Registered
71 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
so i found out the cooling fans in my supra were toast :/ which was creating more than a major problem.. including melting my whole damn wireharness... so. anyways lol all problems are fixed except i need new fans lol.. any sugestions? i hear flexalite are pretty good or summit? thx!
darrel

283 Posts

· Registered
71 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
lol i died went to hell and came back! LOL :) lifes tough right now, i dont get a lot of time on the interet anymore lol :( and ive been tryin to spend every extra second i have on my damn piece of shit asshole wonderful lovely car rofl... it just seems like one thing causes another and i can never ge tit up and going lol... but its commin along :)

as for oem set up i dunno what it is or how to set it up lol (plz forgive my noviceness, im workin on it) when i bought the car it came with flex-a-lite electric cooling fans.. so i figured electric it was but there is a couple diff brands to pick from lol an di was wondering if any one is better than the other by anyones experiences haha..

283 Posts
well if you do decide to replace with another electric setup, definitely look at the CFM ratings for the fans. Basically the higher the CFM the more air it pushes through.

Also when you reinstall the new electric ones, use a high amperage relay and put a fuse on the hot side so that you can insure the electric fans will be able pull enough current. I think some people try to splice electric fans into existing wiring, but the correct way to do it is to use a properly gauged wire with a relay.

It sounds like who ever installed your previous fans that failed did it incorrectly, the fans pulled too much current and fried the existing wiring because they were too small(thin).

Do it right and run thicker wires with a relay, and you shouldn't run into this problem again.

· Registered
71 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
well i had pullers.. should i switch to pushers??.. and yea i plan on putting ahigh amperage rated relay with a fuseable link straight to the battery i dont think i will every run anything into my harness again rofl. the guy who did that was an idiot :x

· tastie treats
2,925 Posts
Sorry to hear about the misfortune but it looks like you have gotten all the information you could possibly need. Keep us posted on the status and hope to see you at the next meet my friend. Check the West Covina thread because we changed the location for one time.

· Registered
71 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Sorry to hear about the misfortune but it looks like you have gotten all the information you could possibly need. Keep us posted on the status and hope to see you at the next meet my friend. Check the West Covina thread because we changed the location for one time.
fersure :) omw to check it now! haha..

· Registered
22 Posts
I just installed the dual fan setup from FAL. I live in Phoenix and I'll say that it solved every problem I had. I have been using the 10 blade turbo fan with a monster fan clutch that sounded like a DC3 when it engaged.

Still, last summer when driving home from work at this time of year, there was an accident and the freeway was closed. Well that damn thing got hot so I had to turn the A/C off and keep reving it in neutral. I was stuck in traffic and had nowhere to go. I said F_ this so I finally popped for the FAL fans. They are awesome. I can idle all day in 113 degre heat with the a/c on and the thing never gets past the thermostat opening of 180. I've even watched it drop below that point!

My only issue is that the controller has the stupid bulb that pokes through the radiator for temp regulation. It's not very consistent. I have it wired to come on with the a/c compressor so it stays on anyway.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.