Supra Forums banner

1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
251 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
TSRM states when doing a compression check to disconnect the camshaft position sensors? Is this absolutely necessary I saw somewhere where you could also pull out both the EFI fuses. Anyone?

·
Registered
251 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Pull the EFI fuses and all the plugs and crank it over? Anything else, make sure the car has reached operating temp.

·
Supranian
2,007 Posts
Pull the EFI fuses and all the plugs and crank it over? Anything else, make sure the car has reached operating temp.
...and hold the throttle body open.

·
Registered
635 Posts
Crank until the gauge reaches peak psi and doesn't climb anymore. And don't forget WOT.
what gauge are you talking about....oil pressure???? what if you dont have one?

·
Registered
635 Posts
I was talking about the air psi gauge on the compression tester. :)
Duuhhh....Thats what i tought but i had to ask...cuz im about to perform a comp..check on mine as well.

·
Banned
109 Posts
after you record all 6 numbers pour a small amount of engine oil inside the engine and see if your compression rises. that will tell you if you have worn piston rings.

do you know how to do a running compression test ? that can tell you alot of info as well if your motor has low compression etc etc.

·
Registered
635 Posts
I've never done it before......Ill have some1 help me who did it before....or maybe just have a shop do it..

·
Boost4fun
1,848 Posts
whats a running compression test and how do you perform that?
The only "running compression test" I know of is being done at diesel engines. There the glow plugs will be removed and the compression gauge is being placed in there..
But where did you heard of that at gas engines? :dunno:

·
T88 YOU
3,567 Posts
oil in the cylinder doesnt work as well with a compression test as it does with a leakdown, oil will change little to nothing at all with a compression test.

1 - 18 of 18 Posts