Supra Forums banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts
S

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Is it easy to getting 5.1 channels into a supra?
I was just wastching some DVD at a friends, and damn i want
AC-3 in my car..

·
Registered
853 Posts
I would imagine that Dolby Pro-Logic would be easy.. with your existing two front, two rear speaker setup.

Dolby Digital may be a bit difficult, because you need a center speaker and subwoofer. The subwoofer shouldn't be a problem, but the center speaker may be difficult to install.

-Brian.

S

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Can the sound be made as clear as a home-theater type setup?

·
Registered
853 Posts
SupraTTurbo said:
Can the sound be made as clear as a home-theater type setup?
If you go without a center speaker and play Dolby Digital DVDs, then no, the sound will not be as clear as a home theater type setup. In Dolby Digital, the center speaker does most of the work.. all the vocal and front effects come from the center speaker. Basically, the center speaker provides 40% of the sound, the front left and front right speaker 20% each (40% total), and your rear speakers are 20% combined.. they are only there for the effects.

With a Pro-Logic setup, the sound can be similar to a Pro-Logic setup in a home theater.. it's basically a 4 channel stereo with subwoofer. Consider the Supra's cabin size, I think the acoustics will be better because it is a small enclosure.. but this may reduce some of the effect of the sound effects.

I've seen some installs where they had a custom center speaker made.. I dont know where you would put it in the Supra, but I'm sure it'll be a bit pricey.

-Brian.

S

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Are there any speakers small enought 2 fit the front of the roof? to make the center speaker?

·
Registered
442 Posts
Alpine makes a Center channel speaker that can be mounted on just about any surface, It comes with it's own amplifier and it is relatively cheap MSRP $199. Better then cutting your dash. good sounding speakers for it's size.

Nazar

1 - 8 of 8 Posts