Supra Forums banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
1993 RX-7
278 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
my dome light used to randomly work, but now it quit working for good.

i checked the fuse, but theres not one there, just a dummy plastic one. my question is how was the dome light getting power before?? did someone do a shitty job at rewiring it or something? or are some models different(even though the diagram on back of fusebox cover shows a 7.5a dome fuse).

and where should i go to have electrical stuff checked out? im not sure if i trust a mechanic, but the dealership will probably charge abunch. and its pretty hard for me to get access to all the body electrical stuff.

thanks much.

·
Republican
8,421 Posts
Smack it, mine doesnt work always, but if i hit it, it works:rolleyes:

·
Registered
1,911 Posts
Yeah, my contacts are bad also

·
Registered
1,953 Posts
i took the whole assy. out, and made sure all the connections were good.. they are.. and my dones still dont work. i have no idea, i just gave up on them and just flip my mirrors open if i need light

G

·
Same for me, the mirror lights work which I believe are on the same circuit, fuse is fine, soldered the connections, got a whole new WORKING assembly, installed that...nothing worked...I put a voltmeter to the wires and they seem to carry voltage but the numbers were pretty erratic...IIRC, ranging from 1.5 - 9v...I dont know man, I guess its a bad ground of some sort, but I cant find it, its under the headliner someplace

·
Registered
945 Posts
The part in question is the integration relay. What a bitch. You have to remove the entire kick panel, then take out all the fuse blocks and it is a little blue box attached to the back of the one closest to the firewall. I took mine out, cleaned it up and it worked for a day...then quit. There is a resistor in them that fries and needs replacement. The part is mucho dollars (well over 100 IIRC), but a radio shack can get the correct resistor for you to solder in if you're good at that sort of thing.

After taking the better part of a day to get mine out and in, I'll leave it until I have a reason to pull the whole interior again...perhaps the worst designed part placement on the whole damn car.

Bob

·
1993 RX-7
278 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
yeah my contacts are all perfect, and i dont get any voltometer reading to the dome light. my mirror lights are all good, but there not on the same circuit.

im fine with soldering and stuff, but im afeerd to go through all the car wiring like that. any ideas on why i was magically getting power with no fuse?

1 - 10 of 10 Posts