Supra Forums banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts
B

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi guys, really need some advice or opinions. I don't even feel the big push anymore. I don't know the 1st one don't kicks in or the 2nd one. When I drive up to 4000 rpm, I hear the intake sound is sucking air but I can't feel the push but I can hear the engine is sucking air if I keep pushing gas. I can't feel the little push on the 1st turbo too. It just like a NA car now. There's no white smoke, everything is fine. I took it more then 5 mechanic shop to check. But no one can tell me the exact reason is. They said is may be the turbo. And tell me to change a new one. I need some advice. Just don't know what to do now, where to check. I am located in So Cal area. If anyone live around my area and have a good mechanic shop for me to go check, let me know. Help!! It's so slow now, even a integra can keep up with me so close. Please give me some opinions or if you guys know every well on this car and live close to my area and hope you guys can take a look of it. Thanks a lot..!!

·
Registered
240 Posts
what mods do you have on the car.. what year? if ur not smoking... i think either ur IAC valve is not opening to let the second turbo air thru due to a busted or not connected vaccum hose or could be the EGV that opens to let the second turbo to start spooling..... loose vaccum line or busted one or one thats not even connected.... hmmm or check ur pressure tank too... but most of all just check ALL your vaccum hoses making sure they are tight and not loose especially the IAC since u said that u can hear it sucking but not making no power.... its located in the back of the engine bay and right on top of the second turbo... good luck...

·
Registered
658 Posts
get a boost guage and post numbers do temp TTC and see if it makes a difference search on this forum for my name I have posted some info frorm the revised mkiv FAQ on trouble shooting turbos. I doubt your turbo is shot but you have aproblem with sequential.

B

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
what's wrong to the twin

First, thanks a lot to BlitzTT and Deziler. Thankyou for spending time on reading my words and replying. Aways hear that "check all the VSV hose", I am wondering how many are there's that I really need to watch out for. Because after I read you guys wrote that, then I go ahead and check it on the engine bay, they seems all right, and what is IAC value? What's the EGT is and where is it located? And how can I check the pressure tank? I also plug in a boost guage, then I press the gas down to 5,6 thousand rpm, it shows don't even go up to 1 or 1.5 I know my English is not good, Did you guys understand me? Ok, let me also tell u guys, before all these problems came out, I was get into a freeway, I redline 1st and 2nd gear, it still feels good on the turbo, but after I get into the 3rd gear at around 3800 rpm, the second trying to kits in, I heard the sound boop..! whole car seems down, then I pull over and check what happen, the intercooler pipe what pops out, then I put it back and start the engine, the car runs, but all those problems came out, then I take it to mechanic shop either dealer, they can only tell me it may be the turbo dead, if you want to try, we can other the new one and put it on to see if it's the problem. If not, we don't guarante anything. That's why I don't know what can I do to it.

·
Registered
240 Posts
Hmmmm if u popped a vaccum hoses once again start checking EVERY single hose to make sure its tight especially the ones that controls the second turbo those are known to pop off when u start running higher boost or even during stock boost in some cases.... if they easily come of on any of the hoses zip tie them down or put some new one in there.... good luck...

·
Registered
658 Posts
unfortunatly toyota mechanics suck at supras becuase they don't see them. It is importent if you have an old hiperformance car and do mods to it to understand what you are doing when you modify it and how to at least diagnois it your self. go to mkiv.com read the tech stuff and go to new car specifications it will explain the sequential turbo systme to you along with all the iacv etc. failing that find a friend who can help you.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts