Supra Forums banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
900 BHP Club :)
4,934 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I did a bunch of searches and didn't find anything on this.

I just bought the car last weekend and the check engine and ! lights are on and the previous owner said it's because the cats are removed, so I'm fine with that.

The "door(s) open" light stays on so I was wondering how to remove the black "thingies" with the switches that the door latches on to. I'm thinking there might be a loose wire or something behind there. Or if anybody has any other ideas how to fix this let me know.

Thanks!

Mike

·
Very Senior Member
9,963 Posts
First off, I would check out the engine codes and see why the MIL is really on. There may be something else wrong. Anyway, if something does go wrong, you will not find out from the MIL and check engine light.
I would fix the problem - the car is too nice to let something go wrong!!:) :)

·
4,934 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
VickSupra said:
First off, I would check out the engine codes and see why the MIL is really on. There may be something else wrong. Anyway, if something does go wrong, you will not find out from the MIL and check engine light.
I would fix the problem - the car is too nice to let something go wrong!!:) :)
too lazy to do a search right now, is there a way to check engine codes by like turning the ignition to on a few times in a row or something?

·
1,070 Posts
The same thing happened to my car when I first bought it. The problem with mine was the driver side door wasn't pushing in the sensor when the door was shut. Try pushing in the sensor with your finger and see if the door light stays on. Make sure you have the hood, trunk, and other door closed when you test it.

·
4,934 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
nautica2o3 said:
The same thing happened to my car when I first bought it. The problem with mine was the driver side door wasn't pushing in the sensor when the door was shut. Try pushing in the sensor with your finger and see if the door light stays on. Make sure you have the hood, trunk, and other door closed when you test it.
Thanks I've tried doing that to both sensors but I will give it another shot.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts