Supra Forums banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts
S

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Okay guys.. I got an alarm installed on my 94 tt and for some reason the doors will lock but not unlock..

this is the same problem of when I press the door unlock button on the driver side..

Any suggestions?

·
Super Moderator!!ON PATROL ALL OVER!!
10,459 Posts
what year car w?who did the install??!

S

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I have a 94 TT.. but I was having the same problem before the alarm install

its pretty weird.. I mean when I try to unlock the doors via the button on the driver side it doesnt open... but while the car is running and I open the door and use the button to try to CLOSE the door.. the passanger door opens... So......... obviously the mechinism is not broken..

So whats the deal?

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Go to the passenger side footwell. Remove the plastic strip along the door and the plastic cover against the right side of the foowell (like you are going to get to the ECU). Pull the carpet back.

In the upper right hand corner, against the firewall, you should see a pretty good size wiring harness with blue plastic snap-together connections. Make sure that wiring harness is tight. You may want to completely unplug is and then plug it back in again tightly.

I was having goofy intermittent problems with my windows and door locks, and it turned out to be that harness was a little loose. That's the only suggestion I have for you right now. Let me know if that works.

Mark

·
Super Moderator!!ON PATROL ALL OVER!!
10,459 Posts
like 2DVS4U
said sounds like a loose harness if its not the one in the foot well it migt also be the one in the driver side door panel !

keep me upto date

S

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Where you guys having the same style problems I was???

S

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
stock alarm

I have the same problem, only they will unlock, but not lock. If you somehow get it fixed . . . please let me know how you did it
thanks
-greg-

S

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
bring back alive...

I have the same problem and cannot figure it out to save my life. Please if anyone has resolved this.. please PM me or Email me! You would be a life-saver!! Thx so much!!

·
Registered
2,561 Posts
I have had this problem when the hood latches weren't closed all the way. Since I have hood pins, I have no latches. If the latches are pulled open, the remote will not lock the doors.

S

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
hmm..

It is odd.. using the switch on the door panels, it will lock correctly but nothing happens when I try the unlock. The latches seem sut well. Any ideas?

·
HK USP 45c
292 Posts
Bringing back an old thread, but has anyone fixed this issue? I have basically the same symptoms as the OP.

Power lock - works
Power UNLOCK - Nothing.
Dome light/fuse checked - functioning just fine.
Master switch checked - switches to ground as it should
Passenger switch checked - switches to ground as it should
Checked continuity of green/red wire from master switch to Theft ECU - checked ok

As far as I can tell the Theft ECU is getting the input from the switch to unlock the doors - but nothing happens.

I checked the ignition reminder operation to see if the auto lock-out function works and yes, with the key in the ign in the ON position, door open and lock button pressed, doors will lock and both doors will immediately UNlock.

wtf...

·
HK USP 45c
292 Posts
UPDATE: Finally fixed this damn issue. The electrical connector behind the RH door lock cylinder popped off. Realigned and everything is functioning properly. Hope this info helps out the next guy.

·
Registered
18 Posts
Just want to thank you for that update, had the same problem. For some reason my connector wasn't popped off so I just unplugged it and locks work fine now. Who uses their key on the passenger side anyway

·
Banned
27 Posts
Could also be a bad ground connection with either the alarm or even possibly a over used ground position. They are all pull to ground to lock and unlock I had a similar problem once on my push button starter that is a alarm system basically and it was a weak ground connection although my locking unlocking was intermittent and it locked all the time unlocked was the one that was intermittent until i cleaned off the ground

1 - 14 of 14 Posts