Supra Forums banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
22 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi guys, since I have my supra I have always had this issue, the drivers door is not completely flush with the body once it is closed. Other than that it locks fine, it seals fine against water/air and so on, but visually it just doesn't look right. It almost looks as it is not closed, while it actually is.

Is there any way to fix this?

·
Registered
13,581 Posts

·
ELITECUSTOMBODY
6,552 Posts
Simply pop the plastic cover that is snapped over the striker , loosen two torx screws that hold the striker , shift the striker over and tighten up .

·
Registered
22 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
I managed to find time and try this today and what exvelocity said worked almost perfectly. By almost I mean that now the door needs more force to close than before.
I spent 15-20 minutes tweaking and moving the striker, but either the door is flush with the body and requires more force to close, or it sticks a bit out like in the photos and closes easily. Still prefer the door to be flush, but would also be nice if it can close without brute force.

·
ELITECUSTOMBODY
6,552 Posts
It's possible that the plastic has worn off the latch hook and is causing the door to appear like the striker needs adjusting. That's why it requires more force to shut the door now. It's typical for these cars.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts