Supra Forums banner
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
1.5JZ Turbo Supra
3,378 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I pulled the door panels off of my car yesturday and the speakers were SHOT! all broken, they didn't work b4. I got some free 6 1/2 speakers 300 watt yata yata. I'm not asking if they will fit i know that already, what i'm asking is would it be hard to rewire the speakers. When i plugged the 6 1/2 to the stock setup it wasn't working. With the stock speaker or aftermarket one. Are there any fuses or breakers to change? Clips? Bad areas that are common? Any help thanks in advance

·
Slowly but Surely
1,438 Posts
are you sure the new speakers work? I don't mean to sound dumb but i was checkin over speakers in my friends car and he had cerwin vegas. They looked so crisp but it turns out they were bad.

·
1.5JZ Turbo Supra
3,378 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
hmmm, you know what i didn't check them, but i knew they did work in my friends 240sx, could have gone bad in just a few months with no usage =/.

·
1.5JZ Turbo Supra
3,378 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
true, i'll test them out @ home but i'm sure they work if they do work are there any alternatives?

·
Slowly but Surely
1,438 Posts
All i would able to suggest is to start tracing wires. Lookin for old/shitty connectors. What kinda of radio do u have, if u dont mind me askin?

·
1.5JZ Turbo Supra
3,378 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
stock. never changed the radio yet due to me living in newark. Sisters car got broken into 3 times for her radio and they got it the 3rd time. * KNOCK ON WOOD * they haven't fucked with mine yet.

thinking of changing it to a single DIN with the stock radio over it to keep it looking stock when parked :)

·
Registered
118 Posts
Pull out the volt meter and check the lines in the door (make sure you are playing something) and if you have no power Pull head unit and check the connections with volt meter. Took me about 45 min to rewire 1 side, so take you time.

·
1.5JZ Turbo Supra
3,378 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
thanks!

1 - 13 of 13 Posts