Supra Forums banner

1 - 20 of 25 Posts
L

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
anyone know some companies that make double din units to fit in an mk3. all ive been able to find is a jvc one. any suggestions on websites to check out?

·
Wholesome creamy goodness
648 Posts
Check out Ebay...do a search for "Double Din" and a whole mess should pop up. Hope that helps...Darshana S...

·
Super Moderator!!ON PATROL ALL OVER!!
10,459 Posts
look into kenwood ,alpine ,pioneer
all make double din head units!

S

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
NOOOOO don't do it, please for the love of god, get a single din. Make a plate to hold some gauges, digital sound processor, change, whatever you want, just don't succumb to the Double Din conspiracy!

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
whats wrong with double din? i'm looking into the pioneer one, it says its for GM/Chysler but i dont have ANYTHING so i'll make it fit.

S

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Double din is Double din, be it GM/chrystler/toyota. It'll fit fine, I just hate the damn things. They are overpriced and look just plain goofy. Try Sounddomain.com they have adapter panels that'll have a small storage compartment and a single din opening, the store thing will hold cd's, cigaretts, you can cut it and place a 1 din turbo timer/EBC in there. Have fun with it, don't be limited to 2 din just 'cause toyota wanted it that way.

T

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
i have a single din in mine but haven't been able to find anything to cover the gap yet I have two gauges but I dont know if the will fit in there. Is there any kind of pod that I can fit in there?

·
10,459 Posts
yup aamp of america makes one
part #bktn2150
or radio and pocket kit part #bktoyk997
Originally posted by Tito G.:
<STRONG>i have a single din in mine but haven't been able to find anything to cover the gap yet I have two gauges but I dont know if the will fit in there. Is there any kind of pod that I can fit in there?</STRONG>

·
10,459 Posts
just go to www.stinger-aamp.com any stinger dealer should have this if not let me know i can get it for you!

S

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Toysupra1,
What the hell is that ??? That's the nicest 2din I've ever seen........Actually it/s the only one that doesnt make me down right angry to look at.

·
road hazard
452 Posts
Originally posted by ShowoffTSi:
<STRONG>Toysupra1,
What the hell is that ??? That's the nicest 2din I've ever seen........Actually it/s the only one that doesnt make me down right angry to look at.</STRONG>
its an eclipse 7301 with 5.8" screen. behind the faceplate is a cd and cassette. very sweet head unit! got my ps2 with gt3 on it too. :) :D :)

·
road hazard
452 Posts
Originally posted by Pete:
<STRONG>ok you caught my eye, how much was it?? :)</STRONG>
i got my unit used from ktrends for 925. i believe i got a good deal because al and ed's electronics quoted me $2000 brand new without installation. just hearing 2grand made my stomach turn. its a good head unit, as long as you have the wallet for it. :)

ebay should have some for sale...only drawback is they don't come with warranties over internet sales.

billy

·
651 Posts
Billy, don't forget... That was $925 without an owners manual...

he he he he he

Just kiddin' as you know.. I would've bought it too for that price.

Thomas Kenyon
Custom Sounds
San Antonio, Texas

·
road hazard
452 Posts
Originally posted by Pete:
<STRONG>Man I love it but I would kill myself if it was stolen, does Eclipse have any special theft deterants?</STRONG>
yea...eclipse has their ESN (eclipse security network) function where you set whatever CD you want as a "key CD". if the head unit were to be removed and installed in another car, the unit would not function unless the key CD was inserted. if not, then the burglar is pretty much screwed.

only problem is it doesn't stop the thief from actually taking it out. my securities for this unit are my alpine alarm and an old jacket thrown over my dash to cover the stereo. :)

[ July 13, 2001: Message edited by: ToySuPRa1 ]

P

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
Man I love it but I would kill myself if it was stolen, does Eclipse have any special theft deterants?

1 - 20 of 25 Posts