Supra Forums banner
1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
To the MSB BAtman!
1,689 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
Double Din or single screen?

Hey everyone,

Im Nearing the time to make the decision if i want a single din screen or a double din. i have never had a double din in my supra. I love the flush look in the interior of a double din, but do any of you double din owners find it a little to low look at or operate? I have had a single din screan before and i loved the eyline view but i hated the fact that it blocked my AC controls. SO can anyone who has a single or double din screen contribute on what they think of them?

Thanks,
Daniel

·
Registered
261 Posts
Your title says "ding" :rofl:

But anyways, I did have a double din unit in my 93 supra (came with the car). It was a kenwood and it worked great, I dont know... I kinda perfer the pop out screen units. The double dins are quite expensive as well, so might as well put that money to better use>

But to each his own I guess.

·
To the MSB BAtman!
1,689 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
LOL thanks yeah well i can't edit it so yea you people get the idea...this is what happens when your trying to fix the ding on your lexus and also starting a thread

·
Supra-NA-T...Girls -Twin
2,165 Posts
Ddx8017

·
I'm in the Death Business
1,922 Posts
^^

:werd:

or the Alpine IVA-W200 ..... never thought I would be promoting an alpine ;)

·
1,922 Posts
you can pick one up at a great place in ventura ;)

i can check on the add ons if you're interested

·
1,922 Posts
i'll check for you tomorrow. you just interested in the nav add on? why not go with an eclipse unit w/ integrated navi?

·
What You Know About That
3,654 Posts
I like my N2. And how often do you really need to change the AC controls? I usually just set mine and leave it be. And it's not like the controls are completely unreachable with the screen up.

·
To the MSB BAtman!
1,689 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
88supramkiii said:
i'll check for you tomorrow. you just interested in the nav add on? why not go with an eclipse unit w/ integrated navi?
is the eclipse unit better quality? i heard nothing beats the 8017...i want best in quality...also if its so much less cost effective then i might be intrested

·
1,922 Posts
eclipse quality is very good. kenwood is nice because it's 5.1 ready...HOWEVER...kenwood is a bitch to deal with on just about every aspect (customer service, warranty, etc)

i've seen more issues with kenwood screens than i have with eclipse screens (i'm the warranty guy for a car audio shop)

·
Supra-NA-T...Girls -Twin
2,165 Posts
88supramkiii said:

ah ha!! Ive been waiting for that! I was wondering what took you so long! But i knew you'd come through ;)

·
1,922 Posts
hahaha, well why add on navi for like a grand when you can get it already integrated? ;)

it's just another thing to hide somewher else

·
Supra-NA-T...Girls -Twin
2,165 Posts
The new Kenwood NAVI is pretty small, bout the size of a pack of cigs...and you dont have to find speed sense wire anymore. :) I actually like the interface of the old Kenwood nav better...plus on the old one, you can have a chick with a UK accent direct you :bigthumb:

·
1,922 Posts
hahaha, yeah the new AVN7000 has a UK chick directing you where to go. it's pretty nice and soothing ;)

·
Supra-NA-T...Girls -Twin
2,165 Posts
88supramkiii said:
hahaha, yeah the new AVN7000 has a UK chick directing you where to go. it's pretty nice and soothing ;)
:drool: When does the Latina accent come out :bigthumb:

·
Registered
552 Posts
I second the Kenwood DDX with navs... i got it and love it, and yes I use the UK chick too. lol

·
1,922 Posts
minguezCD said:
:drool: When does the Latina accent come out :bigthumb:

right after the italian one ;) :drool::drool:

*I don't care where she tells me to go, as long as it's in italian* ;)

·
Supra-NA-T...Girls -Twin
2,165 Posts
88supramkiii said:
right after the italian one ;) :drool::drool:

*I don't care where she tells me to go, as long as it's in italian* ;)

I think we might be on to something here :)

1 - 20 of 21 Posts