Supra Forums banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Moderator, Live life to the fulllest
1,764 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Ok i heard that the 96-98 supras are OBD II and that they have an O2 sensor that will detect the down pipe because it will be running rich. I know im getting an exhaust and DP for christmas and i need to know how if this will become a problem and what i can do to resolve it if it comes up. Thanks alot!
John

·
Registered
317 Posts
I have a '98 and have been running with a DP for about 4 months now. The check engine light came on once about 2 months ago. I reset the computer and have had no light since.

You may get lucky and not get the check engine light, or you may get the light 2 minutes after you get the dp on.

But yeah, call Dusty at MVP. He'll get you the O2 simulator if your check engine light does come on.

·
0 Posts
Yah i have a 97 and getting the check engine light is so random. Once I was getting a check engine light once a week, then like every 6 months. I dont ever get it now that I have a random cat on.

·
1,764 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Thanks guys alot! How hard is it to put the O2 sim on. And if I dont how do i reset the ECU?
John

·
1,764 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
O and i was wondering where the best place is to get parts. Horsepower Freaks seems good but ive heard alot of good things about MVP
Thanks guys!
John

·
0 Posts
My choice would be mvpmotorsports.com. Dusty is a great guy to do business with. To clear the check engine. You can do it 2 ways:
either just take off the negative cable of the battery for like 10seconds or if you don't want to have to reset all your clocks you can just pull the ECI fuse 1 and 2 in the engine compartment fuse box for 10 seconds. Both of these will reset the ecu.
The simulator is rather easy to install if you have any soldering knowledge. It is a matter of cutting and splicing into the ECU connector, but if you are not confident in wiring it up I would not recommend doing it yourself.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts