Supra Forums banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
A

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey Anybody using a downpipe with integrated CAT in California? Any trouble passing smog?

B

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
I passed CA smog with my '97 when it had a Scott Performance Fabrication DP/Cat on it (that's the one with a CarSound cat mounted horizontally under the car). NOx was a little bit close, mostly due to the converter not being very hot, but it passed.

Bob
97 6-speed

·
776 Posts
I am currently looking for a hi-flow cat. Have you ever dynoed your car and/or any track times? Are you bpu and how is the power delivery?

Thanks,
David

B

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
No, I haven't done that yet. I currently run the new metal-substrate Random Technology setup. It is as least as free-flowing as my old setup, more likely its much better. I noticed a distinct increase in mid range RPM power and boost whan I installed the new DP. The trouble is, I installed a Buschur FMIC at the same time so part of the change could be attributed to that.

Bob
97 6-speed

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
I have the random cat and dp also. it doesnt quite compare to my full dp from stillen, but you can definitely tell the difference between factory and random. It spools alot faster and I can easily spin my tires in 1st, 2nd and 3rd when the second turbo comes online...but that may be do to bald tires :D I havent smogged with it but if this means anything, before with my stillen dp i would trigger the MIL all the time getting a check engine light, but with the random tech dp i never trigger the MIL. Alsom the smell from using the straight dp is gone...

·
776 Posts
1/4mile in style said:
I have the random cat and dp also. it doesnt quite compare to my full dp from stillen, but you can definitely tell the difference between factory and random. It spools alot faster and I can easily spin my tires in 1st, 2nd and 3rd when the second turbo comes online...but that may be do to bald tires :D I havent smogged with it but if this means anything, before with my stillen dp i would trigger the MIL all the time getting a check engine light, but with the random tech dp i never trigger the MIL. Alsom the smell from using the straight dp is gone...
Can you boost as high with your hi-flow cat in place as you could with your stillen?

1 - 6 of 6 Posts