Supra Forums banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
1,288 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Just got my downpipe & Superdragger from "Sully" and they look great. Time for an install.

Originally I was planning on just taking it to a local shop and having them do it, but I figured, I'd ask how difficult it would be to do it myself.

Any thoughts? I couldn't find any writups when I searched.
-E

·
BPU is so 1997
5,349 Posts
It's really easy to do the downpipe, especially if the upper DP bolts have been removed before. If you have an impact gun, it's a breeze to do. If you are doing with handtools, get some long extensions and a breaker bar. Before you have at the bolts, soak them with some PB Blaster, it will help loosen them up a lot. It's not hard to do at all. Just might take some strong arms to bust the bolts loose.

·
Single Turbo
710 Posts
^agreed
Simple for the most part. I did my whole DP and exhaust install. Alot of shops wont put a catless DP on for you.

-Pete

·
1,020 Posts
Again Do it yourself, Just make sure to soak those nuts, they strip very easily with an impact wrench. All 3 of mine snapped or thread locked.

·
Registered
3,547 Posts
easy job, just have some jack stands, some long extensions and a couple swivels. 3 bolts are all your looking at removing for the most part. The cat back, well, if you cant install that......

·
Hardtopper
855 Posts
Ascari_2 said:
Do it yourself, you'll feel the pleasure of knowing you did it.
EXACTALLY!!! I JUST did mine this weekend,.. along with complee Defi BF Gauges and control unit, FJO etc... and I feel soo good. Its def a feel of pride knowing you did ur own work.

Also for the top 3 bolts on the DP forget theimpart gun, i had best luck with a braker bar and swivil

best of luck

1 - 10 of 10 Posts