Supra Forums banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
My son and I have recently started our first project with a build from a 87 Supra rolling chassis. We have a stock 2JZ-GE engine (I believe from an early '90s Lexus), and a W58 transmission. Starting to work through all of the rest of the parts needed to get things running. No plans for major mods or NA-T at this time. Want to start with the goal of making it a daily driver first (mostly stock, mods only where it makes more sense), and eventually consider turboing it down the road.

For the 2jz-ge swap into a Mk3, looks like the MVP Motorsports 2JZGE exhaust manifold has been recommended on the forum here.
  • Any experiences or recommendations on fitting the rest of the exhaust system for a Mk3?
  • does a standard 2jz-ge downpipe fit well in this setup with the mk3 chassis, or require fabrication?

Thanks!

·
Administrator
9,200 Posts
going to go with 95% chance of having to fab or modify / cut / re angle mkiv downpipe for your particular situation.

·
Super Moderator
10,753 Posts
You'll need a custom midpipe made to go from the MVP header (or stock manifolds/header) to connect to the stock catback location. Easy job for a competent muffler shop, I highly recommend using 2 bolt flanges or v-band flanges if at all possible.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts