Supra Forums banner
1 - 20 of 25 Posts

·
Banned
23 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
i think i am going to buy this downpipe and elbow from this guy and its made by truspeed and i cant find the specs anywere on the web. its 3" all the whey thro. i just dont want to get riped off. should i go with a diff downpipe?

·
Dagger OCHO
790 Posts
dude i got a downpipe from ebay......3 in it works just fine......i can really feel a difference in power i paid $100 for mine

·
Registered
113 Posts
They've raised the price then. The two pieces themselves are fine, welds are clean and its stainless. For the price, you can't beat it. I think the one issue with a few were the flanges, but Ive had no trouble with mine.

There have been two seperate threads about these, one on here and the other on SM. I'll try to dig it up for you.

·
what would jesus drift?
987 Posts
hmmm.. thats the same down pipe i bought, the elbow needs to be modified and i payed 133 shiped off ebay when i got mine.

other wise i dont think it hangs down low at all,

but i did have to dish the elbow to get it to fit and you have to walk one of the nuts on on the back side,

it's really a hassle but it's one of the largest elbows ive seen (being it barely fits!)

·
Registered
2,555 Posts
yup those are the one's that were listed on ebay.
They were selling for cheap because the turbo elbow screw did not line up.
What a steal that was

·
90T
755 Posts
Just be warned that the ones on eBay with the misplaced hole also had horribly warped flanges. You will need to have them ground flat as well as die grind out the misplaced hole (and with the hole enlarged the center of the elbow does not line up perfectly with the center of the downpipe (off by about 2 mm).

·
Registered
1,208 Posts
3p141592654 said:
Just be warned that the ones on eBay with the misplaced hole also had horribly warped flanges. You will need to have them ground flat as well as die grind out the misplaced hole (and with the hole enlarged the center of the elbow does not line up perfectly with the center of the downpipe (off by about 2 mm).
or use a slightly skinnier bolt and a nut and remove the stud. Add a few washers and it fits just fine

·
90T
755 Posts
wh0wants2know: Yeah, pretty ghetto though, and it will still be misaligned by 2mm unless you rework all three stud holes.

supra_fast: for $150 its a good deal, but a few bucks more than what we all got it for originally. If the flanges are already fixed and flattened then it beomes a good deal IMHO.

·
Banned
23 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
well are all downpipes the same. can i go to ebay and pick up a 75 dollor downpipe and expect the same results out of a 350 dollor downpipe. im going to buy it then put it on a 3" exhust all the way back. im taking out both cats then im going to turn up the psi to 11.5. im also putting in a intake. does anyone have a suggestion on where i should buy one then. i seen one on ebay that is 80 mm witch is 3.2 " give or take. i think it was only 110 bucks.

thanks for your help
travis

·
Banned
23 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
one more thing. how big is the stock elbow? and how much will an aftermarket one help. iv been looking on ebay and none of the dp come with an elbow. maybe i should buy the dp and elbow for 150 and get the flanges strait. i need some honest strait answer opinions on what people think.

·
JZA80 > JZA70
1,829 Posts
the stock elbow is no good just get a 3" elbow the stock one is way to restrictive

·
Stock Boost SUX
1,660 Posts
supra_fast said:
well are all downpipes the same. can i go to ebay and pick up a 75 dollor downpipe and expect the same results out of a 350 dollor downpipe. im going to buy it then put it on a 3" exhust all the way back. im taking out both cats then im going to turn up the psi to 11.5. im also putting in a intake. does anyone have a suggestion on where i should buy one then. i seen one on ebay that is 80 mm witch is 3.2 " give or take. i think it was only 110 bucks.

thanks for your help
travis
All downpipes are NOT the same. Those $350 downpipes you see are the ones with the integrated turbo elbow, which you WILL need. The stock turbo elbow is crazy restrictive. You wont get the full effect of a 3" DP and exhaust with the stock shitty elbow. If you are not lookin to make crazy horsepower and are on a budget, an Ebay DP and elbow sounds to be a great deal for the price. Just make sure its 3" ALL THE WAY through the DP, most are copies of the HKS DP which had a bottleneck that narrowed down to 2.5" or so. Hope that helps and goodluck man.

·
Supra Fan
4,114 Posts
MASHedDough said:
All downpipes are NOT the same.

Agreed. I feel bad for any of you guys still using the HKS downpipe, or the ebay copies that still have the aweful bottleneck after the flex section. The bottleneck after the flex section actually reduces to less than 2.5 inches if you measure..

1 - 20 of 25 Posts