Supra Forums banner

1 - 20 of 34 Posts

·
Registered
1,806 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi all, I am new to this forum. Nice to meet you.
I am planning to get a downpipe. Which one is good? In performance-wise? In Quality?

Tanabe dp V.S. RMM dp. Any other suggestion? Stillen dp?

I've heard many ppl. recommend RMM. It gives ~30hp. But, suprastore said it gives ~40hp on Tanabe.

What about quality? Do they rust? Which one is better over others?

Please help me to make the decision. Money is not the issue. I would rather wait and save more to give my Supra the best stuff.

Thank you for your input.

·
Supra OG
2,392 Posts
Pick one that is stainless steel and go with it. There will be no significant difference between any of them in terms of hp increase.

·
Registered
346 Posts
Supra JZA80 said:
Thanks, XCELR8.

I've heard many people installed the RMM downpipe. Is there any reason?

They are both stainless steel. Tanabe is ~$10 cheaper.

What about hte quality itself? Are they both perfect fit?

Any owner have any commends on their downpipe? I would like to hear about it.

Thanks.
All I can say about the RMM DP is that it's been over two weeks since I installed mine on my Supra, and man can you feel the difference. The sound of the turbos spooling up faster and louder is awsome! The difference in performance wise is great also!

·
Registered
121 Posts
same thing. i have used both the tanabe and the rmm. you'll like either one.

·
Registered
346 Posts
I found it used and at a good price. What also convinced me was that it's IMO the most popular DP out there...

·
Registered
1,806 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
sam b.,
I believe all downpipe is not legal because they replace the CATs.

Well, maybe one exception- HKS dp. It only replace the pre-CAT. (MKIV has 2 CATs). So, one will remain. But, I don't think ONE SOTCK CAT can pass any smoke check.

Best shot maybe a hi-flow CAT if you want it legal. I've heard ppl. claimed that passes emission in this forum (not sure if in CA or not).

Please correct me if I am wrong.

·
Lets go Nets
2,956 Posts
i have the RMM downpipe, i like it alot and its very nice.

·
Registered
105 Posts
directedengineering.com is selling RMM DPs for 200 bucks.
"Rod Millen Stainless Steel Downpipe: $200 ($290-315 avg. price)"
go to the home page and scroll down.

·
Registered
1,806 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
I personally think it is great too. It carry almost full lines of products. I used to love it, BUT,.... not recently !!!!

Here is my experience:
The price is always more expensive than other companies. I recently purchased the Direct replacement A-pillar guage pod for$88+$15( for enlarging to fit 60mm guage). For the same product, I found somewhere else carry it for $55 (same 60mm guage size). What the @#$%^ ?!!

And, even worse, I recieved the guage pod and the size is wrong. 57mm ??!!! They told me some guages have 57mm of size in body. NO, there aren't any!! I got fooled..... After a further contact, they said the size was wrong. Their mistake. Then, I have to _PAY_ for the shipping and get the enlargement done.

I sent them a few e-mails regarding the status on my guage pod and there is no replies. I kept on sending e-mails and sending messages through AIM . After a week, I finally got a response (which is yesterday). And, they just shipped it last Friday.

I think I deserve better service beside ignorance.

BTW, RMM downpipe is welknown in Supra products. Why don't they carry it??

1 - 20 of 34 Posts