Supra Forums banner

21 - 34 of 34 Posts

·
Registered
1,806 Posts
Discussion Starter · #23 ·
According to the SupraStore, only HKS replaces one CAT (I asked them 6 months ago). AFAIK, Stillen replaces both CATs. Please correct me if I am wrong.

According to Directed Engineering (where I purchase the RMM dp), it is Stainless steel. But, SupraStore claimed that RMM dp is made in mild aluminized steel.

Who is right?? Any inputs??

BTW, I've heard from my friends that Stillen products are not as good as other big brand companies. Any inputs? Please let me know. I would like to hear more about it.

·
Registered
1,806 Posts
Discussion Starter · #24 ·
Hi all,
Here is an intersting question. Don't know if you everthink about.

What's the different between a BPU with a Hi-flow CAT or not? For instance, Random Tech DP w/cat V.S. RMM DP.

Given they have the same boost of 18psi ( a save boost number) maybe?

Is it true that it has lower boost with a hi-flow CAT? Please educate me with your inputs. Thank you.

G

·
I got one of Hector's dps in today...I have not yet installed it, but looks good....

Will give power- gain results tomarrow!!!

Dan

·
Registered
1,806 Posts
Discussion Starter · #28 ·
cowboy bebop,
If I am not wrong, a completed turbo kit comes with a DP that goes with the turbo.

KatMan911,
If it is not stainless steel, it will rust and in the worst case, your would get a hole and exhuast leak because of oxidation (rust).

Anyone have any input for the below questions?

Supra JZA80 said:
Hi all,
Here is an intersting question. Don't know if you everthink about.

What's the different between a BPU with a Hi-flow CAT or not? For instance, Random Tech DP w/cat V.S. RMM DP.

Given they have the same boost of 18psi ( a save boost number) maybe?

Is it true that it has lower boost with a hi-flow CAT? Please educate me with your inputs. Thank you.

·
Registered
52 Posts
I have a question about downpipes (didn't want to start another thread just for this).

Anyways, I hear the the HKS is better than the RMM/Stillen/Tanabe, when you are going for one large or aftermarket twin turbo setup. Can anyone explain this or prove this wrong?

The reason I don't understand that is because the RMM/Stillen/Tanabe replaces both cats and the HKS repllaces just 1. This means the HKS is more restrictive.

Thanks, Johann

G

·
bob marley said:
I have a question about downpipes (didn't want to start another thread just for this).

Anyways, I hear the the HKS is better than the RMM/Stillen/Tanabe, when you are going for one large or aftermarket twin turbo setup. Can anyone explain this or prove this wrong?

The reason I don't understand that is because the RMM/Stillen/Tanabe replaces both cats and the HKS repllaces just 1. This means the HKS is more restrictive.

Thanks, Johann
hey bob, i used your papers today, fit a nice 1/8 C in it.

G

·
Check EBAY unless you want to squander extra $'s needlessly. I bought mine for $199 (SS, 3.5").

If you buy a brand name DP for $300 you're just paying for "fluff".

Supra JZA80 said:
Hi all, I am new to this forum. Nice to meet you.
I am planning to get a downpipe. Which one is good? In performance-wise? In Quality?

Tanabe dp V.S. RMM dp. Any other suggestion? Stillen dp?

I've heard many ppl. recommend RMM. It gives ~30hp. But, suprastore said it gives ~40hp on Tanabe.

What about quality? Do they rust? Which one is better over others?

Please help me to make the decision. Money is not the issue. I would rather wait and save more to give my Supra the best stuff.

Thank you for your input.

·
Registered
1,806 Posts
Discussion Starter · #34 ·
directedengineering.com

it is not a RMM dp. It was a false ad.

Now, they corrected after I raised this problem. Anyway, it is from exhuastdepot.com

You may pay less if you just get it from exhuastdepot.com

Here are some pics. of my dp.

http://www.supraforums.com/showthread.php?s=&threadid=41985

I haven't install it yet. The flange is not stainless steel. But, ppl. from exhuastdepot.com claimed that they will last long.

21 - 34 of 34 Posts