Supra Forums banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
116 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I had to get rid of my 94 TT about a month ago, and I recently bought a 93.5 TT. It's all stock unlike my 94. The question is, if I buy just a RMM downpipe until I have enough for a cat-back exhaust. Will all the extra flow from the downpipe just end up bottle necking really bad once it hits the stock exhaust? Also what kind of gains can i expect with a downpipe on a stock exhaust if any?

I'm trying to make it back to BPU like my 94, but I don't want non-transferable parts for when I save up enough for a single kit. So what else should I be looking into getting besides

Boost controller, FMIC, BOV, BCC, Gauges, etc. Also recommend parts of each would be much appreciated as I'm still new to the Supra scene.

Thanks,
SC FAMILY

·
Registered
46 Posts
I have relatively limited knowledge, but I think that the downpipe by itself will eliminate the majority of the restriction. I have heard just installing the downpipe can net you an extra 60-70 hp. Someone else can confirm that however.

·
Registered
1,526 Posts
Certainly the stock cats are a much bigger choke than the the stock exhaust. I'm not sure you'd get quite 60 -70 hp out of the DP alone, but enough that it is for sure worth doing.

You'll want to use the search feature for the second half of your questions.

·
iSPOOL
1,417 Posts
I had the rmm with the stock exhaust and never had issues. Never dynoed it but you can tell the difference in sound and power vs a reg supra with two cats. I also had the ttc hook up on my stock twins
I would guess I got about 30-40 RWHP out of it.

·
Registered
6,167 Posts
Downpipe is 30-40whp due to removing both cats, and a increase of boost.
Lol, save yourself 1xx dollars and buy a Megan style downpipe. Its just a piece of metal, its going to get scratched, I don't recommend saving money with supra's but sometimes there are exceptions.

MBC-20 dollars
downpipe 69 dollars
3.5 inch catback 279
BCC 115
3-inch cone filter 15

Thats the cheap route, however at 18 psi, expect to see 400whp or so for about 500 dollars.

Flame suit is on.

·
Administrator
17,272 Posts
I remember having that setup (DP + stock exhaust) at some point in time during my MKIV ownership days and it was pretty pleasant. Not too loud but a nice pleasing growl from the exhaust. I remember it would only hit boost cut every now and again in colder weather too, so the BCC wasn't even fully required yet (in my case). It will be a nice and cheap gain as you work your way back to full BPU. :)

1 - 8 of 8 Posts