Supra Forums banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts
S

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
What is the absolute best down pipe for performance? Tanabe, SP engineering, RMM, HKS, etc. Thanks

Mods as of now are:
94 TT Supra
GReddy Power Extreme exhaust
HKS SS blow off valve
Hard piping kit
Blitz intercooler (yes the big)
GReddy Gracier air filter - DIRTY ANY SUGGESTIONS?
HKS EVC IV boost controller (pos does not work yet)
GReddy turbo timer

Soon to have:
GReddy BCC
DOWNPIPE?!?!?

I also have the BLitz full body kit and and BLitz rims on P zeros if you really needed to know that too

thanks

·
Registered
255 Posts
As far as i know they are all the same. Most guys it seems run the RMM. I have that one and it is a nice piece. 3 inch pipe. I think they are all 3 inches. I believe there are a few 3.5 inch downpipes on the market but for BPU and probably most upgraded turbos 3 inches is fine. A few have done custom 4 inch downpipes, usually those are mathced to the HKS Ti inch exhaust pipe . You may be able to buy some in Stainless Steel, so that would be the best bet.

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Speed Pride Engineering (SP) from california, basically copied rmm downpipe, but they dyno'ed SP's downpipe and for some reason, made 45rwhp.

2 RIP
So, I'm running the SP DP. Gotta Love it.

N

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
it's only a tube, they are all pretty much the same. as long as it's relatively straight, 3" diameter and has some flanges on the end, one will work as well as the other.

J

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
would moving from 3" to 3.5" make any kind of differece tho?

Z

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
anything bigger than 3" is just gonna give you a throatier sound. my friend has 4" custom pipe all the way from exhaust manifold to his Greddy PE canister and it sounds like a V8.
no, it will not spool your turbo faster, your exhaust from engine spools your turbo, and once the cat is gone, any size of pipe after that will make no difference.

S

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
i dont know about you guys but i have to raise my exhasut by wrapping my pipes with wire. I will post pics of my car soon, but my body kit is kinda messed up due to, too much scraping. Car is to low and exhast gets scraped too. RMM copied SP Engineering's down pipe.

S

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Oh yeah and someone said my Blitz rims are gay and heavy. Is this true? I think they look good on the supra but are they heavy? This guy has a Camaro SS so i dont know how he knows about Blitz.

Z

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
SupramanTT said:
Oh yeah and someone said my Blitz rims are gay and heavy. Is this true? I think they look good on the supra but are they heavy? This guy has a Camaro SS so i dont know how he knows about Blitz.
maybe he thinks his US made crhome rims are much lighter? what a screw head.
BTW, 4" DP will have ground clearance problem, but depend where you live. up in Canada,there are pratically no hills and most speed bumps are tiny, so it wasnt a problem. in SF, even a regular cat will be scaped.

R

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
@SUPRAMANTT

BLITZ BRW03 9x18/10x18 - the whole set incl. tyres are about 100 kg.

damn - i hurt one of my front rims - must get a new one.

regards
marcus

S

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
well im going to be racing at the illegals tomarrow (friday) and i was wondering if i can gut out my downpipe/cat for now? ALso i heard removing the TRACS can improve power? How can i do this? I removed the wire from the throttle body (tracs thing) and i can burn out longer but i dont seem to feel any HP gain. What else cheap mods can improve my HP? even very little matters. THanks guys

J

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
Pull hose so you can boost harder, ~18 psi

...and then pull the fuel cut hose.(?) i havent seen this but i heard it stops fuel cut

1 - 14 of 14 Posts